PDA

View Full Version : Weed control in flower beds?

ranger520
08-05-2002, 03:15 AM
Looking for a good weed control products for flower beds that will not have an effect on the flowers.. Any advice would be great.

GrazerZ
08-05-2002, 09:03 PM
We use Treflan which is the main chemical in Snapshot, another weed control for use around plants. You'll have to check the label carefully for the plants you will be using it around.

thfireman
09-02-2002, 02:58 PM
For grasses in ornamentals try Fusilade II. It works on grasses without damaging most ornamentals. Look at the lable. They have hundreds of ornamentals listed that Fusilade II will NOT harm. I use it on Monkey grasses and beds with nandinas and i have had no problems. But it knocks the grass right out.

:p :blob4:

thfireman
09-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Let me make a clarification.....

I use Fusilade II on monkey grass to remove bermuda, fescue and othe lawn grasses from the monkey grass. It may have a 20% burn on the monkey grass but it springs right back without other grasses growing back in.:D :blob3:

bob
09-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Snapshot works for me!

TurfGuyTX
09-02-2002, 11:10 PM
I really like Fusilade II for killing bermuda grass in beds. Snapshot is another favorite. Heck, I'll use Round-up Pro Dry if conditions allow for it. It's very affordable. Lesco carries a good assortment of products. Good luck.