PDA

View Full Version : Mini Fastrack 42 front steering dampener

RobertD
08-22-2010, 03:03 PM
I've had my Mini-Fastrack 42 inch since March 2010. I am having a leaking issue with the left steering dampener. With the engine off, when I release the steering lever from the reverse position, instead of moving slowly (dampened) to the neutral position, it slams back. There is oil on the dampener rod and quite a bit of dust has built up. There is about four inches of forward play in the lever before it starts to engage. When it does engage, it's sudden. This makes for erratic steering and difficulty in holding a straight line of travel.:cry:
The right dampener is a little oily with some dust, but it's still working as it should, temporarily.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had steering dampener failure. If so, Hustler may have received a bad batch from a vendor. They should last longer than five months. Other than that issue, I love the unit. With the mulching kit and Gator blades, it's a mowing devil.:clapping:

mowerconsultant
08-23-2010, 10:14 AM
I would get the unit back to your dealer and show them the dampener issue, its under warranty we will take care of it.

Pj