08-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Lets see some homemade stripping kiits

this could be interesting... :laugh:

jmunday0808
08-26-2010, 09:30 PM
It works pretty well, I attached two pics of work

GreenGiant94
08-26-2010, 09:54 PM
That looks pretty cool jmunday! do you have any weight in it? I made one like that out of pvc pipe. It didn't really work but I think thats because i didn't put the weight in it yet. I like the spring too.

jmunday0808
08-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I appreciate it Green Giant. I just filled it with dirt before i glued the pvc ends together, it probably weighs 8 lbs, but the springs help to.

PROCUT1
08-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Ill see if my wife lets me post pics. Got most of the components from Victoria secrets
Posted via Mobile Device

A-1 LAWN
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
if you used pvc how did you get flat ends? all I have ever scene have a square top.

lawnpropm
08-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Great innovative thinking, you laid some serious stripes my man keep up the good work

PerkinsLawnAndLandscaping
08-27-2010, 10:56 PM
does that actually roll or just drag the ground? looks great! wanna share details?

the.hines
08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
I agree I would like some more details of that, maybe some more pictures of the kit itself

dae06
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM
I agree I would like some more details of that, maybe some more pictures of the kit itself

Count me in. I've been trying to think of a way to make one too.

Pro-Lawn&Grounds
08-30-2010, 12:27 PM
building this isnt rocket science. You measure the distance between the centher of one drive wheel to the center of the other drive wheel. you buy a pvc pipe that length then you measure the distance on each side from the center of drive wheel to where you want to mount the stripe kit. you then mark off on the pipe the two sides and cut so you have one middle peice and two smaller side ends. you fill all the peices with some cement for weight. you then close the ends and drill holes in the center of all the caps. then in the middle peice of pvc you put a long threaded rod through and on each side put a washer then a nut and then another washer on ... then you as the mounting peice which would be a peice of metal about 1inch wide, 1/4th inch thick and the length would depend on how far out you want the striping kit. you drill a hole in the the mounting pieces and then put them on the rod you would then add another washer then a bolt and then a washer and then one each side and then add the two remaining sides of pvc ... you then put a bolt and washer on each side and bolt the striping kit to the machine