PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Removal

billebob
02-13-2000, 10:25 PM
Hey all,<br>I just took the motor out of my 79 Chevy K10 4x4 and am wondering now how to get the clutch off it. It is obviously a manual but the motor that is going back into the truck was on an auto. What needs to be switched? Do i just take off the 6 or 8 (i forget how many there were) bolts off? Anything else I should know? Thanks, <br>Bill

plowking35
02-13-2000, 11:30 PM
when you unbolted the engine and removed it, the pressure plate should still be bolted to the flywheel. Unbolt the pressure plate, and the clutch disk will be in between the two items.<br>Now when you swap engines just reverse the procedure. You will need a clutch alignment tool, and be sure to replace the pilot shaft bearing, it goes into the very end of the engine crankshaft.<br>Also get a good chiltons or at least a haynes repair manual, and that will give you pics, details and drawings of the procedures of what to do.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

frahmie
02-15-2000, 10:37 AM
hey man, if you can`t handle the job. have someone do that has a f-ing clue. <p><br>frahmie

plowking35
02-15-2000, 09:22 PM
Hey no need to brow beat, if you dont have anything constructive to add, dont bother posting. All he was doing was asking a ??. We all started somewhere, and asked dumb ??.<br>A good manual will help alot for him, he doesnt need anyone degrading him.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

billebob
02-16-2000, 06:39 PM
Hee Hee,<br>Don't worry Dino, he's one of my friends, and nieghbors. Don't worry though, he don't have a clue either. ;) His 86 is in just as many pieces as mine is. He has to spend more time fixing his than he does driving it! Plus, his Chevy doesn't hold a candle to my Dodge! hee hee<br>Go see our trucks at:<br>http://members.tripod.com/mopar00/index.htm<br>Bill