PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor Difficulty

MS_SURVEYOR
08-24-2010, 01:20 AM
How difficult a job will it be to remove, tear down, clean, and reassemble a Keihin BK Two-Barrel Carburetor on a scale of 1 to 10. I've got some trash in the carburetor and it's driving me crazy. Seems like I need to remove the canister air filter and hardware. The choke and throttle cables. Then the governor linkage. After that there's only 31 parts.

Is there any thing I need to have, or look out for?

Just how hard? 1 to 10?

ms

Merkava_4
08-24-2010, 04:36 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest, it would be a 1 for me.

BigFish
08-24-2010, 02:04 PM
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easiest, it would be a 1 for me.

You the MAN !!!!

Restrorob
08-24-2010, 05:53 PM
MS_SURVEYOR,

Should you go into this carb, When you start removing the low and high speed jets keep them separate. Even though they may look the same they can have a different port size per side, They need to go back into the same orifice you took them out of.

There's nothing I've found that states what the port size is or which orifice they go into, Only part numbers for right and left sides.

Hey BigFish......

Someone up there piss-n in your corn flakes ? . :laugh:

BigFish
08-24-2010, 08:28 PM
MS_SURVEYOR,

Should you go into this carb, When you start removing the low and high speed jets keep them separate. Even though they may look the same they can have a different port size per side, They need to go back into the same orifice you took them out of.

There's nothing I've found that states what the port size is or which orifice they go into, Only part numbers for right and left sides.

Hey BigFish......

Someone up there piss-n in your corn flakes ? . :laugh:

Naw, it's just that every now and then, my medication level starts dropping....

Good tip about the jet sizes from side to side!
I would add that he should take some digi-pics as he's tearin it apart, linkage included.