PDA

View Full Version : leaf Clean-Up flyer

Exmark Guy
08-24-2010, 03:53 PM
Below I have attached my new fall leaves flyer. What do you guys think? It will be black ink printed on a golden shade of paper to resemble leave color. Also, when is the right time to start passing them out? I was going to start this weekend, but I dont wanna be too early. When do you guys start passing them out?

R&T Services
08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
I have a question what equipment would be best for a fall clean up jobs
Posted via Mobile Device

Exmark Guy
08-24-2010, 06:01 PM
You can do some large size leaf clean up jobs just using one or two backpack blowers and blow the leaves into piles. From there take the leaves and load them on a large tarp. You can just drag the tarp up on the the trailer, and then dump them out. It's best if you have some sides on the trailer so you can pack in more leaves. This set-up is efficent for people who cant go outright away and get a leaf loader and dump truck or trailer, but in a few years when you have a lot more accounts, the tarp and leave method would get old. Hopefully then, you can afford to make those purchases to create a more efficent set-up.

bobcat48
08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Looks good..i like it the way it is..nice exmark guy.

KE-llc
08-24-2010, 10:16 PM
I have a question what equipment would be best for a fall clean up jobs
Posted via Mobile Device

rake + tarp. pile em up then use 1/2 gallon of gas (to save on overhead) and one match...again to save on overhead.

R&T Services
09-04-2010, 11:16 PM
What's the best blower for leave clean ups? For under $400
Posted via Mobile Device

Chilehead
09-04-2010, 11:33 PM
You can do some large size leaf clean up jobs just using one or two backpack blowers and blow the leaves into piles. From there take the leaves and load them on a large tarp. You can just drag the tarp up on the the trailer, and then dump them out. It's best if you have some sides on the trailer so you can pack in more leaves. This set-up is efficent for people who cant go outright away and get a leaf loader and dump truck or trailer, but in a few years when you have a lot more accounts, the tarp and leave method would get old. Hopefully then, you can afford to make those purchases to create a more efficent set-up.

This is what I've done. For the bigger jobs, a walk-behind blower is very handy. I don't have one yet. What I have done for the bigger jobs is use my 48" walk behind mower. I'll take the discharge chute off, and just blow/chop all the leaves towards one side of the yard, then tarp them up. It's nice because the leaves are somewhat reduced down by the blades.
I had also thought of going out and purchasing a residential-grade 48" rider with collection unit for $1300. I would use it for no other purpose than collecting leaves/pine straw at a high-deck setting on a seasonal basis. I know I'd get my money back on it after 2 weeks of cleanups, easy.

bc3xx0
09-05-2010, 07:12 AM
rake + tarp. pile em up then use 1/2 gallon of gas (to save on overhead) and one match...again to save on overhead.

That's how I did it last year, but some of the customers got mad about the huge burn spot in their yard.