PDA

View Full Version : slime for tires

tierralawn
08-05-2002, 07:54 PM
anybody try slime tire repair. im curious . compared to a tire tube. thanks bill.:blob4:

odin
08-05-2002, 07:59 PM
works good as long as the punture aint in the side of the tire and isnt a huge one .
For puntures like nail puntures it works good.

65hoss
08-05-2002, 07:59 PM
Its in all my tires. Gones in from day 1. I've only had 1 flat in 3 yrs. It was a wire in the sidewall. Its well worth the money to use it.

Expert Lawns
08-05-2002, 08:05 PM
AH HA!! i found a cheap solution to my tire problem. i have a slow leak in a small front tire on my lazer z. how does slime work? i'm gonna buy some tomorrow

odin
08-05-2002, 08:12 PM
expert lawns

I had a rod punch a hole in our lazer hp that was around a 1/8 inch an the slime sealed it

Expert Lawns
08-05-2002, 08:25 PM
my leak may have to do with the seal/bead. will slime still work? the only visual damage is a small slice on the top of the tire but it doesn't look too deep.

by the way, thanks for the SLIME tip guys

sdwally
08-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Heavy Duty Slime works great, better than the regular Slime. Bead leaks? Napa sells bead sealer that works well. Two words for castor tires that are not part of the power unit -- POLY FILL!

KLMlawn
08-06-2002, 01:35 AM
Actually, I tried the concept of POLY filling all four wheels on my one Stander. The front casters for the reason that I hated when going over or bumping a curb I would pop the bead and the drive tires because I hated running over a glass bottle hidden in the lawn and having a 2 inch slice on the corner of the tire and having to spend nearly $75 to get a new one put on. The one problem I have had is that I had the place that filled them put a bit more pressure in the drive tires that I should have due to the fact I ran them with more air 'cause I am a large guy and now they are a bit hard and bumpy on rough lawns and tend to rut a bit if things are wet ... well you live and learn.

TurfGuyTX
08-08-2002, 06:44 PM
Slime all the way! :o