PDA

View Full Version : Stihl fs 90 trigger assembly

selaeration
08-24-2010, 11:40 PM
My fs 90 throttle cable broke so I got a new one. I have it all installed finally but I can't figure out where to put the spring for the interlock trigger.
I can't find anything online that shows an exploded view of the trigger assembly. Does anyone know how that spring goes on?

StihlMechanic
08-27-2010, 12:29 AM
its tricky, it goes behind the interlock, kinda off center

Brashnak
04-13-2011, 01:31 PM
im in the same predicament, just a different confusion. I cant remember where the killswitch goes inside the handle. I've tried for an hour to get it in there with no luck.

dKoester
04-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Try using an evaporative brake or engine degreaser to keep the machine clean. This helps keep that cable lasting alot longer. 3M brake cleaner.

blake101
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
My fs 90 throttle cable broke so I got a new one. I have it all installed finally but I can't figure out where to put the spring for the interlock trigger.
I can't find anything online that shows an exploded view of the trigger assembly. Does anyone know how that spring goes on?

Does anyone know where I can find a picture?

dutch1
06-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Stihl parts breakdown info is restricted to dealers only. The best thing that can happen is that a dealer tech may happen to chime in with the info--there are a few who post here from time to time.

blake101
06-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Got it figured out, Thanks.

Roger
06-19-2012, 09:47 PM
I just installed one of these about two weeks ago. I intended to take pics and post, but the time was getting late, and I wanted to finish before dark. I scrapped the pic idea. Too bad, because there was another thread last week with similar questions.

Perhaps I should take my handle apart and shoot some pics of the "finished" look. I am not going to take the new cable out and start fresh for the sake of pics!

I don't have time tomorrow or Thursday. If somebody is still looking for help, let me know. I should have time Friday evening.

BTW, the new cable is different than the original. These flex cables usually fray at the point they pass over the cam. The flex cable bears directly on the cam. The new cable kit comes with a new cam, and the flex cable is in a sheath at the point of passing over the came. In other words, the flex cable does not bear on the cam, rather runs inside a sheath that bears on the cam. The earlier suggestion of lube and keeping clean is rendered void with the new design. Undoubtedly this change is in response to those of us whose flex cables frayed out at the cam position.

Roger
06-22-2012, 10:31 PM
New thread, with pics and descriptions ..

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=381822