PDA

View Full Version : Filter Mats and Lava rock

Alan Bechard
08-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Hi Gang, the wife and I are having an argument, Imagine that! Anyway, we just went out and serviced a pond we built (Aquascapes 6'X8') With the small pump. Basicly the pump was clogged, I finally figured out how to pull the bottom flat peice off and got the "goo" out and got it running again.

My questions are

does a filter mat and bag of Lava rocks go in the skimmer?

And no, I will not say who said what until after I get the firm yes or no answer! and if you answer wrong I will be a very lonely man for the next several nites so help me out here :D

How much can I disassemble this pump WGP-60? Does the bottom come off somehow or is it glued together?

Thanks for your assistance:D And I may look like this:blush: If I was wrong cause I said to "show me in the Book!" Rather forcefully. I have a feeling tonight will be plenty of this:sleeping: Instead of my favorite activities!!!!:D

Al B

SCL
08-06-2002, 01:04 AM
From everything I've read and seen, there's a filter mat in the skimmer, but the bacteria media(lava rocks) go on the filters in the falls. In my skimmer there's no room for a bag of rocks once you get the filter and the debris bag in it. As far as your pump I have no idea. Sorry!

Scott

Henry
08-08-2002, 06:38 PM
No lava rocks in the skimmer, just the debris bag and mat to keep the big stuff from clogging the pump.