PDA

View Full Version : Firepit glue

turfed
08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm putting together a firepit of block and had a flash of genius. What adhesive can i use with high heat that will hold and not break down or burn?

rlitman
08-26-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm not the best to answer this one (not sure how hot you're going to get the adhesive), but silicone (like GE silicone II sealant) can withstand temperatures of up to 400F (I've got pans with silicone handles that can go in the oven).
It shouldn't soften too much up to that point either.

TNpride
08-27-2010, 12:12 AM
go to your local hardscape store just hardscape not lowes or anythin, the should carry some kind of glue made just for concrete block adhesive. i know at the place i work at part time they sale sure bond and a new highly effective but pricy product called mason bond (done through Belgard i believe) iv used them and once it drys it never moves and yes used on a phyzique fire pit. hope you find some

turfed
08-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Thanks, i have some PL premium adhesive, and i ended up calling the company. They said that they sell this stuff to guys like us all the time, it's one of the many uses. I don't know. I found it at lowe's. I've done some retaining wall work with it. I glued two blocks together, waited a day and attempted to destroy them. Blocks broke, glued part held......I'll give it a shot.