PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Keep Cool'''''

ron
08-06-2002, 08:43 AM
I live down in good ole Central Florida and want to know how everyone stays cool...
Me well I wear a straw hat and tons of sun screen around my neck is a cool wet towel....

Turf Ranger
08-06-2002, 01:14 PM
here in Oklahoma, you dont stay cool.:blob2:

rkbrown
08-06-2002, 01:20 PM
I use those colored neck wraps filled with gel. Have about 6 of them and trade off about every 1/2 hour. Put the one I just used back in the cooler and grab one that is cold. Also, during that 1/2 hour break, drink water and splash it on my face and forearms.

DaddyRabbit
08-06-2002, 03:21 PM
In this 300 yr drought we're going through in NC you can forget staying cool. :mad:

awm
08-06-2002, 03:36 PM
i wet my self down every day several times,at the hose. try not to do it in front of anybody ,but if im overheating bad enough it dont matter whos watching.
just plain fact, a 55 yr old man got to
protect hisself. if u go dn at this age .
could be the end of your lawnservice days.been there one time an dont want to go back.

EHesseyLawns
08-06-2002, 04:19 PM
it's not so much staying cool as it is staying hydrated....i always have water in the truck...go to outdoor stores and buy waterbottles by a company called Nalgene, they make 32 oz containers that will NOT break...i carry several of those. also look into buying warm weather wicking, it wicks moisture off your body, they're great. keep drinking water!

goodbeus
08-06-2002, 08:22 PM
keep your t-shirts on...the sweat soaks into the fabric, keeping you cooler...don't eat a lot of meat, it generates heat....AND NO ALCOHOL ;)

yardman1
08-08-2002, 06:36 PM
What is keeping cool in the deep south? the only way I keep cool is to jump in a swimming pool or go stand in a deep freeze for a little while.:blob2:

TurfGuyTX
08-08-2002, 09:01 PM
A wide brimmed hat helps. I wear a long sleeve light colored t-shirt.(it keeps me cooler than short sleeves) I drink 3-4 gallons of water daily and I don't even think about the heat until it gets above 100.

m&m
08-10-2002, 11:29 AM
keep clothes on and drink lotsa water............and i sing along to the radio which makes me forget the heat

Mike (MLC)
08-10-2002, 03:28 PM
Well here in Texas it is about 120 degrees in the shade. It is hard to keep cool. We wear 100% cotton shirts which helps when you sweat and when there is a breeze. I have one of those patio umbrella's attached to my trailer, so we can sit in the shade when we get too hot. Carry lots of gatorade with us. And every now and again wipe our neck and face's off with the ice water in the cooler. Also, just make sure you are not getting too overheated. I did last Saturday and came close to having a heat stroke. :blob2: