PDA

View Full Version : New To Flagstone Patios: First Call, Need Someone To Help Walk Me Through Intro

mcw615
08-25-2010, 10:30 PM
My company is mostly recognized for the lawn and landscape maintenance we provide, that has been our strength since we started 3 years ago so we have mostly focused on building on that. Have grown mainly from word of mouth, we have messed with landscape renovations, small/medium retaining walls and paver patios and sidewalks and irrigation. One of my team leaders has 7 years hardscape construction experience and has done a bit of flagstone.

Where I need help is I am about to meet with this prospect, and need to be a little prepared. I am going to have my guy with experience help me with the estimate/proposal but as far as an introduction and really talk about different products and materials of it I am clueless.

I am looking for help on things I should have in mind as I am doing the initial intro and maybe questions I should be asking. Just any advice to make a good impression and really get an idea of what the client is looking for. The two minutes I talked to him on the phone today he said it is about 320 square feet. I don't price by square feet, always custom each bid to each job, but our general man labor rate is $40.00. Sounds like the 'L' part of the patio with be a straight then an 'S' curve to finish it out. I would like to give a ball park price of what it can cost. Like I said, I have the guys that know how to do any of it, you just have to supply the materials and give them the design and it will be done perfect, but I have no knowledge as far as flagstone to really vast this prospect with options etc. as I do in the other services we provide on intro's.

Can anyone walk me through this??