PDA

View Full Version : October Advertising

buckrufr
08-26-2010, 03:30 AM
Is advertising for yard services for October worthwhile or is it like throwing money down a rat hole?

I was set to spend just under $200 for an insert in the September newsletter for a retirement community where I live and work as a solo yard maintenance pro, when my ad preparer got overextended and couldn't make the deadline for the art for the printer.

Now I'm wondering if I should give it another go for the October newsletter. I'm doing a trade of services for the artwork and copy, the charge for the right to place an insert into the newsletter is $125, printing 1500 black ink on 1-side of colored stock is $68, and my wife and I would spend 2 hours stuffing the insert into the newsletters.

I plan to do an informational ad outlining what needs to be done in October and offering my services. I am seeking everyone's' advice: Good idea or Save my money for next year? Or perhaps there is a better promotional idea you can suggest? Thank you for your input. Sincerely, Buck

OrganicsMaine
08-26-2010, 07:19 AM
I say why not. The cost for this is low, and if you get 1 job from it you made your money plus.

georgiagrass
09-18-2010, 02:43 AM
You can advertise for fall clean ups.