PDA

View Full Version : How do you handle and price leaf clean-ups in the StL area?

letzgoblues
08-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Do you charge hourly or by the job? What equipment do you use? Do you just bag the leaves? How much do you charge to bag compared to blowing into the woods. I am a newbie and have no idea what to charge. I am thinking my hourly rate is the best way to go $50 an hour. Do you just do one clean-up on a yard or do you have to do three or four? I bought an accelerator bagger and I think I will just bag everything. I am still confused about the amount to charge though. Any feedback would be great thanks. Another question is what do you charge for cuts every two weeks compared to once a week especially when a customer changes from one to two week cuts.

Thanks!!

letzgoblues
09-03-2010, 09:30 AM
bump to the top

Snapper12
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM
By the minute.

letzgoblues
09-06-2010, 10:29 PM
By the minute.

That helps???
Posted via Mobile Device

letzgoblues
09-17-2010, 08:27 AM
Need some replies

cut level
09-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Did you just pull 50 bucks out of the air cause it sounds good to say I made 50 bucks per hour?

There is no way anyone on this site can tell you how much to charge...everywhere is different in many ways and everybody's business is different on expenses. This is something you have to figure out yourself.

letzgoblues
09-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Did you just pull 50 bucks out of the air cause it sounds good to say I made 50 bucks per hour?

There is no way anyone on this site can tell you how much to charge...everywhere is different in many ways and everybody's business is different on expenses. This is something you have to figure out yourself.

NO I didn't pull it out of the air that is my hourly rate for any random jobs my clients need. If you can't provide a helpful answer why bother responding. I don't care about everywhere since I am located in St. Louis I asked about St. Louis. I wanted to get an idea of what is being charged so I can charge a comparable rate and not lose out on business. Sorry if this is to hard for you to comprehend.

cut level
09-17-2010, 01:59 PM
NO I didn't pull it out of the air that is my hourly rate for any random jobs my clients need. If you can't provide a helpful answer why bother responding. I don't care about everywhere since I am located in St. Louis I asked about St. Louis. I wanted to get an idea of what is being charged so I can charge a comparable rate and not lose out on business. Sorry if this is to hard for you to comprehend.

If you already have you price why come on here and ask? There is no need to worry bout what others are charging.

Doesnt matter where you are your expenses and overhead are different than other companies in St.Louis as well, is that hard for you to comprehend?

Why do you think you havent gotten any response except mine and it was a kind response compared to what I figured these type threads receive.

You are not going to find your answer on what you should charge because all of our expenses are different and many variable factor into our costs to operate and nobody can determine that but you. Sounds like your leaf jobs are 50 bucks per hour. Problem Solved!

letzgoblues
09-17-2010, 02:11 PM
If you already have you price why come on here and ask? There is no need to worry bout what others are charging.

Doesnt matter where you are your expenses and overhead are different than other companies in St.Louis as well, is that hard for you to comprehend?

Why do you think you havent gotten any response except mine and it was a kind response compared to what I figured these type threads receive.

You are not going to find your answer on what you should charge because all of our expenses are different and many variable factor into our costs to operate and nobody can determine that but you. Sounds like your leaf jobs are 50 bucks per hour. Problem Solved!

Well it doesn't hurt to try to find out some more info. Like I said the market is saturated here and I don't want to lose any jobs. I do have very low overhead because all my equipment is paid off and I am solo. This does not help if jose outbids me every time. :)

ArTurf
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Here are some tips I can give you. It will take a lot longer to clean up than to just mow. I under estimated jobs in the beginning. Consider if you will be able to dump onsite or if you must move the debris to another site, much more time/work. You may want to charge hourly rates until you have a good idea on what it actually takes to do the job.

As for how much to charge that varies from person to person. Consider how much overhead you have; bagger, leaf loaders & etc. Remember if you happen to charge $50 per hour that is not what your profit is.

tom's lawn care
10-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I have a flat rate of 100.00 per hour for leaf clean-ups. leaves are a pain in the ass and it's not worth anything less. Also if you don't have to haul anything away, charge the same amount. Consider that a bonus for you!

letzgoblues
11-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Here are some tips I can give you. It will take a lot longer to clean up than to just mow. I under estimated jobs in the beginning. Consider if you will be able to dump onsite or if you must move the debris to another site, much more time/work. You may want to charge hourly rates until you have a good idea on what it actually takes to do the job.

As for how much to charge that varies from person to person. Consider how much overhead you have; bagger, leaf loaders & etc. Remember if you happen to charge $50 per hour that is not what your profit is.

Thanks for the info!