PDA

View Full Version : Honda Harmony 217 Transmission HELP

JHC
08-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I just replaced the transmission on an HRX217TDA. The wheels turn well when I lift up the back end. Once I put it on the ground, she doesn't move. Any ideas? Is the belt bad? I pull the wheels off and run the self propelled and the gears seem to spin fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :cry:

twobroslawns
08-26-2010, 08:56 PM
I'd check the engage / disengage cable first. It might be loose. Could also be the belt.

StihlMechanic
08-26-2010, 11:25 PM
check the cable, may need to have slack taken out. one 10mm nut and bolt at handle, loosen cable and pull down towards mower. retighten, test.

JHC
08-28-2010, 07:21 AM
I replaced the speed selector cable as it was frayed. It seems way too long even though it is the correct cable. I plan on replacing the belt and tightening the cable. Fingers crossed!!

I appreciate the help.
JHC

twobroslawns
08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Keep us posted!

Other than this, how do you like the mower?

Pritam
10-06-2011, 12:14 PM
I just replaced the transmission on an HRX217TDA. The wheels turn well when I lift up the back end. Once I put it on the ground, she doesn't move. Any ideas? Is the belt bad? I pull the wheels off and run the self propelled and the gears seem to spin fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :cry:

Could you let me know if it is easy to replace the transmission, I have the same Hrx217tda lawnmower.I have the new transmission, parts #20001-vh7-003.Is this the right transmission.Please advise how to change.
Thank you
Peter