PDA

View Full Version : christmas tree sales

Hegartydirtwork
08-27-2010, 12:12 AM
I am looking into doing some roadside sales of christmas trees this year I am located near a busy ski resort and have some spots in mind. Just looking for general feedback maybe a wholesaler recommendation. Located in craryville ny 12521 thanks

ken18621
08-31-2010, 09:58 PM
I would look for quality trees....... do your homework and know what to look for in a healthy tree,,,,,,,,,,,,, If you buy low quality trees this year you might have good sales...... but you wont see many repeat customers next season.

Here is a link to New York Christmas Tree Growers Association
http://christmastreesny.org/ I am sure you can find wholesale trees on that site. I see you are close to Connecticut,,,,,,, google their tree growers association as well................

Good Luck

farmersfeedu
10-07-2010, 05:15 PM
North Carolina Fraser Fir's are the Cadillac of Christmas trees. Great needle retention, good branching, dense foliage and that oh so wonderful fragrance.

I have been growing and selling Christmas trees for years and Fraser Fir is by far the money maker on my lots.

mikewhit1010
11-12-2010, 09:28 PM
I am looking at getting into Xmas Tree sales. Any big tips. My business partner tried this before we partnered up. He had one bad year, one break even and a year where he made money. He has been out of it for 2 years now. Any good tips for basically a beginer.