PDA

View Full Version : First pics...

dvgross
08-27-2010, 12:12 AM
What's up fellas? Just posted some of my first pics on the site. Started a year ago, and love every day that I get to go out and lay some stripes. I bought a 36" Viking and attached a striping kit from Big League Lawns. It was a little pricey, but does a great job. Have one on my 21" as well. Hope you enjoy.

THEGOLDPRO
08-27-2010, 12:13 AM
looks great man.

Kennedy Landscaping
08-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Awesome pics, those are nice stripes.

orlawncaresvc
08-27-2010, 12:22 AM
What's up fellas? Just posted some of my first pics on the site. Started a year ago, and love every day that I get to go out and lay some stripes. I bought a 36" Viking and attached a striping kit from Big League Lawns. It was a little pricey, but does a great job. Have one on my 21" as well. Hope you enjoy.

Nice stripes. Did you purchase that striper kit or did you make it yourself?

Gold Star Lawns
08-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Nice stripes. Did you purchase that striper kit or did you make it yourself?

LOL.....He flat out stated he purchased it from big league lawns.....unless he owns that business....in which im assuming he doesn't...then no...he didn't make it....hahah

grassman177
08-27-2010, 08:06 AM
very nice, and sure to win more customers for the future. keep it up man.

nepatsfan
08-27-2010, 08:07 AM
Looks great....does that stripe kit ever get in the way when you are walking?

ShooterK2
08-27-2010, 09:15 AM
I was about to ask the same thing. Sure looks like it hangs way out the back. Sure lays some nice stripes though.

dvgross
08-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Looks great....does that stripe kit ever get in the way when you are walking?

Yeah, it does. I need to drill a couple holes farther up the frame, and it will be a heck of a lot better. Took me way too long to drill the first two through that frame, so kinda got lazy. Winter project.

joef450snowplow
08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
if i had that striper id prob step on it with my big feet

TurboMazda
08-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Good job.........................:clapping:

bobcat48
08-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Very nice,looks really good.

dvgross
08-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Isn't it ironic that the day after I post my first pictures of my stripes, and striping kit, that the darn thing breaks off midday. Oh well.

The last picture is a little dark , but wanted to show some stripes from the 21" with the same kit. I use a Deere JX 75. Its been alright, but would love to upgrade to something more commercial. Take care.

bobcat48
08-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Very nice.

05 superduty
08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Nice lines

nepatsfan
08-28-2010, 03:19 PM
I live in the north where the grass stripes pretty easy. Nice lush lawns stripe real dark and nice but I have never seen a 21 inch mower stripe like that. That is sweet. What did the stripe kit cost for the 21?

dvgross
08-28-2010, 07:21 PM
I live in the north where the grass stripes pretty easy. Nice lush lawns stripe real dark and nice but I have never seen a 21 inch mower stripe like that. That is sweet. What did the stripe kit cost for the 21?

I think I paid a couple hundred, like I said a little pricey, but worth it to me. There is a guy in this forum somewhere that built one exactly like it for a lot cheaper. Do a search.

nepatsfan
08-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I think I paid a couple hundred, like I said a little pricey, but worth it to me. There is a guy in this forum somewhere that built one exactly like it for a lot cheaper. Do a search.

I saw the one made with boat rollers....looked pretty cool. We dont do enough push mowing for the small rollers but maybe if I made them myself I might do it.

Graveslawncare
08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Yeah, it does. I need to drill a couple holes farther up the frame, and it will be a heck of a lot better. Took me way too long to drill the first two through that frame, so kinda got lazy. Winter project.

Just a suggestion, not sure what you used when you drilled the first set of holes, but try using a step bit. And while you're drilling, keep it cool and lubed with some household oil. Works real easy, that's what I use when I drill holes in my trailer for mounting racks and stuff. Stripes look good, man. What kind of grass you mowing out there?

dvgross
08-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Just a suggestion, not sure what you used when you drilled the first set of holes, but try using a step bit. And while you're drilling, keep it cool and lubed with some household oil. Works real easy, that's what I use when I drill holes in my trailer for mounting racks and stuff. Stripes look good, man. What kind of grass you mowing out there?

Always love advice, thanks. When you say household oils, can you tell me what works the best? Most lawns in Colorado are Kentucky Blue. Thanks again.

Graveslawncare
08-29-2010, 01:17 AM
Always love advice, thanks. When you say household oils, can you tell me what works the best? Most lawns in Colorado are Kentucky Blue. Thanks again.

Just a can of regular oil you can get at HD for 3 or 4 bucks. Can't think of the brand I used....just all-purpose oil. Keep it wet while you're drilling. Once the first level of the step bit goes thru, it's all easy from there. Each step will punch thru quick after that. Mark the step you want to stop at with a sharpie, that way you have a line you can see while the bit is spinning. Cake.

Ky blue....sweet, love that stuff. No wonder you get such good stripes. We don't have much of that around here, and what little there is in the spring gets killed off quick when our hot, humid summer kicks in. Good luck :weightlifter: