PDA

View Full Version : lifting my truck

Pld1082
02-10-2000, 08:31 PM
I want to lift my 81 K-10 up about 3 inches. In the back,I know I can block it up. But as far as up front goes, can I just flip my springs over? It would save me some cash that I don't have but I'm not sure it will work. Anyone who has experienced this, please notify me.<br>

plowking35
02-11-2000, 04:48 PM
Try an add a leaf. That will add more arch to your front stack and reverse the negative arch that you have now. You wont be able to turn that spring over and gain anything. <br>Dino <p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

Abe
02-11-2000, 09:45 PM
I have to agree with the mighty DINO on this one, add a leaf is the safest, least $ way to get the desired lift, but, a replacement spring set would be the better longterm solution, they are not all that expensive for the complete set for your model year truck, if you are buying the blocks anyway.<p>-abe<br>

Chuck Smith
02-16-2000, 01:31 AM
An add a leaf will give you 1 1/2 - 2' of lift. You could just get a 3&quot; body lift for around $100. Unless you are plowing with this truck, I'd consider a body lift. What is the goal of the lift? Larger tires? The body lift was really no harder to install than the suspension lift on my 77 K/20. Did both in my driveway on my back. Suspension lifts alter the ride of the truck, believe me, mine rides like a tank. The body lift leaves your suspension to work the way GM designed it to work. Larger tires and wheels mean more unsprung weight, I know, so that will affect the ride itself. Aluminum wheels could help compensate.<br>I have a page that goes step by step installing a body lift on most trucks. What it involves doing. One thing thst you can't do at home is weld an extension in the shifter linkage to the trans. If you have a MIG welder, no problem, otherwise, bring the linkage and extension to any local autobody shop and ask them to weld it for you.<p>~Chuck<br><p>----------<br>Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages - Snowplowing Central<br>http://members.aol.com/csmith669/plowcentral.html