PDA

View Full Version : How do you drop a customer?

lawn
08-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Do you tell them or just stop showing up?

Tnks

All_Toro_4ME
08-27-2010, 12:55 PM
What's the situation? Slow pay? Not paying? Need more info.

stan the man
08-27-2010, 12:59 PM
if it was me i tell them and say that have two weeks to find a new company. if you did tell them it could back fire on you on getting new accounts. i have one account that i like to drop the lady is you know bit**. it is $200.00 lawn so i stick with it and i plow her in the winter. she is $6000.00 account a year

lawn
08-27-2010, 07:17 PM
:confused::confused:What's the situation? Slow pay? Not paying? Need more info.

Slow pay, she pays the bills after 30 days sometimes 60 or more....

They are a pain in the neck

Cheap assssss hoolllllllxxxxx

Wants every other week for $50.00 per visit

I gave them many other estimates for other projects which they never did.

He drives me crazy with emails, one time he was "disappointed" because we did not remove all the ferns in his yard, according to him, ferns are "weeds" :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Also I explained in many ways many many times what is a rail rod tie because he did not understand to the point that I had to email him pictures of it.

They both call and send me emails, also they always dispute the bill.

So I decided not to go anymore, not to returns their calls/emails.

I got fed up, but I do not know if I am doing the right thing just ignoring them.

JB1
08-27-2010, 07:23 PM
whack down some flowers or bushes, that should do it.

clallen03
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Increase the price so it will make it worth your while or he finds another company.

Woody82986
08-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Increase the price so it will make it worth your while or he finds another company.

Raise their price to where you don't think about the bad stuff anymore. Either they go for it and you make enough money to deal with it, or they tell you to go "f" off and you make the decision theirs.

CHUCK'SLAWN
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
I just tell the one's that I want to get rid of that we are not a good match. Goodbye

All_Toro_4ME
08-30-2010, 09:51 AM
:confused::confused:

Slow pay, she pays the bills after 30 days sometimes 60 or more....

They are a pain in the neck

Cheap assssss hoolllllllxxxxx

Wants every other week for $50.00 per visit

I gave them many other estimates for other projects which they never did.

He drives me crazy with emails, one time he was "disappointed" because we did not remove all the ferns in his yard, according to him, ferns are "weeds" :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Also I explained in many ways many many times what is a rail rod tie because he did not understand to the point that I had to email him pictures of it.

They both call and send me emails, also they always dispute the bill.

So I decided not to go anymore, not to returns their calls/emails.

I got fed up, but I do not know if I am doing the right thing just ignoring them.

Send them a letter. That's what a majority of the customers do with me when they find someone cheaper. Either state that you are terminating services or raising their price. No need to deal with that stress and headache.

JNGLawncare
08-30-2010, 11:19 AM
I had a customer that was doing exactly what you are talking about with we need prices but never go with anything. Then I went to mow and they had some guy doing for much cheaper probably, no license no ins and no english. They never called me again and I haven't gone back.

georgiagrass
09-04-2010, 02:23 AM
I agree with those who suggest raising price to a point where the annoyance is balanced by the additional revenue. If they don't want to pay the increased amount we part ways. I usually offer 30 days notice when I am quitting a customer unless they do something particularly galling. Our service agreement requires them to give us 30 days notice before they fire us and states that we will bill them for services during that period. This provision has been helpful in those instances when you show up and they have hired a replacement service. I bill them for a month's service whether we cut it or not.

shade tree landscaping
09-04-2010, 07:36 PM
raise the price and make them either leave one month deposit or a cc on file.

LawnGuy73
09-15-2010, 08:08 AM

Bingo, I do this all the time when bidding as well.