PDA

View Full Version : Snapper 21"/ Kaw. or Toro 21"/Kaw ?

dogdad
08-06-2002, 07:30 PM
Which would you buy......dealer sells both

MWHC
08-06-2002, 08:12 PM
Get the commercial Toro and be done with it. Use both, I think you will find quite a difference.

odin
08-06-2002, 08:15 PM
ive run em both id go with the toro ,the toro baggs good and mulches great probably the best mulcher out there.

Turfdude
08-06-2002, 09:54 PM
I have run both and would like to side w/ the 21" snapper on this. Get their commercial unit w/ the steel wheels w/ bearings - unit will push much easier. Toro commercials are very heavy and if you get the self propeled models, the trannys go in short order w/ heavy commercial use. You'll either be replacing pinions or 3rd gear a lot (and when you're tired of it... they're heavier than hell to push.

The snapper unit will outbag the toro by far. If it gets dusty, the mulch plug in the chute w/ the ninja blade will do the trick nicely. FYI - we still have 2 snapper mowers- they see very little use, but have held up great w/ 5.5HP hondas.

Also - as far as finished cut, IMHO, the snapper w/ hi-vac wins again.

Bob

Turf Ranger
08-06-2002, 10:24 PM
we have 4 snapper 21" mowers. Havent ever used a Toro so cant say much about them, but the snappers are great. I have 2 of them with the B&S 6hp intek on them, If you keep the oil changed, the filters clean, and change the plugs they will last forever, trust me, 2 of these snappers are about 20 yrs old. But whatever your choice, good luck

EJK2352
08-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Toro w/ a Kawi, can't go wrong!!! I've used the Toro's for 16 years with nothing but good luck. And spend the jack for self-propell option on which ever you choose. :) ;) :) ED

TMlawncare
08-07-2002, 12:05 AM
I would recommend the toro the snapper is a good machine but overall the toro get the nod mainly due to the fact you can mow in almost any condition wet or dry and you rarely have to stop because of clogging or poor quality of cut. Issue of transmissions yes the toro homeowner is weak be careful. The tore commercial uses a heavy duty tranny which is bullitproof. Ask anyone who uses one. My toro is a bbc model with suzuki I have three of them the oldest being 7 years old and it mows daily. Toro w/ kawi will be a good choice, you will love how the single control arm works on the bbc models.

Southern Lawns
08-07-2002, 09:36 PM
Toro/Kaw............slightly better machine.

keifer
08-08-2002, 10:45 AM
if it were me i would get the toro.