PDA

View Full Version : Unique/Sea Gull?

NightScenes
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Has anybody heard of Sea Gull buying out Unique? I knew that they were going to start carrying Unique product but now I hear that they have actually purchased Unique.

Pro-Scapes
08-27-2010, 07:04 PM
I heard something along these lines too but they were going to continue to operate independantly.

Mr. Baptist ?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-27-2010, 08:58 PM
That is interesting. As far as I know Seagull (or their Parent, Generation Brands Holdings) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in early January 2010. This was just after the co-marketing initiative was announced by Unique and Seagull. If seagull is in bankruptcy / re-organization proceedings I cannot imagine they would be in any position to be acquiring other businesses.

NightScenes
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
I would think that too James but I also see that Nate seems to have kind of branched off and has his own website up and he also seems to be making independent contacts, seperate from Unique.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I have to admit, since Joey left, there has been a void here... it is almost as if the sound of Unique's trumpets have been silenced, and not just on Lawnsite either.... they have been 'uniquely quiet' lately.

Maybe Nate will come on and give us an official update?

Kyle Trotter
08-30-2010, 06:58 PM
To whom it may concern,

Unique Lighting Systems has not sold to Sea Gull lighting, rather hired Seagull to represent or sell Unique Lighting Systems through its electrical distribution chain of distributors and lighting show rooms.

The reason for hiring Sea Gull was simply to very quickly have exposure in Electrical distribution using Sea gulls 300 reps.

Using “rep firms” to call on the ED markets enables Unique factory reps more time to focus on our irrigation distributors.

In no way shape or form is Sea gull any kind of owner or partner of Unique Lighting Systems or is Unique Lighting Systems for sale.

Unique has had great success over the last few years and will continue to do so.

I hope this clears up any rumors or confusion in the market place.

NightScenes
08-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks Kyle, you know how rumors get going and it's good to hear directly from Unique on this. Have a great evening.

wbaptist
09-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I would think that too James but I also see that Nate seems to have kind of branched off and has his own website up and he also seems to be making independent contacts, seperate from Unique.

Nate has started his own BLOG. His blog is a place he can put up tips, ideas or just talk about lighting. natetheilluminatormullen.com