PDA

View Full Version : does this sound trailer sound like a good find?

giordanonv
08-28-2010, 01:20 AM
I was drove past a used dual axle landscape trailer that was for sale so I turned around to stop and ask about it. The gentleman that was selling it told me that it was used by his brother. His brother had the trailer custom built, it measured 4'4" x 14ft. There was minimal rust and the tires would probably need to be replaced. The leaf springs and wiring are in decent shape. Maybe a paint job would help too. He was asking $500.00 for the trailer. Does this seem like a good find for my first trailer. I am looking to use it as I am starting up next season. Any help would be appreciated.

FLAhaulboy
08-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Sounds reasonable. The width might be to small depending on how you are going to use it & if you eventually upgrade to a larger mower, you will need a wider trailer. I have a 6x14 with a single axle & think it is overkill that a 14 ft trailer has two axles unless your planning on hauling very heavy loads.

StihlBR600
08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
it would have been a good find if it wasnt such a small width. you would want at least a 5ft for a 52 in deck. but nything under that is useless

Mowingman
08-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I agree, sounds like a useless, oddball size trailer. You are only going to be able to use it for a commercial walkbehind and 21" mowers. I don't think I have ever seen a trailer that narrow and 14' long. It might be prone to flip over at highway speeds due to it's narrow width. I think I would look for something wider.

giordanonv
08-28-2010, 03:15 PM
I also was skeptical about the width, I think I will look elsewhere. Thanks for the help.