PDA

View Full Version : Safety Switches?

nate121080
08-28-2010, 04:05 AM
I have a 2001 lazer z serial #322*** with a kohler ch20s spec 64670. If I try to engage the clutch it dies. If I try to disengage the break it dies. Have the seat switch disabled. Tried bypassing all switches but it would still die when trying to engage the blades. What do I need to check for and how? Thanks

ffemt1271
08-28-2010, 09:44 AM
had the same thing happen to my '03. behind the plate where the throttle lever is is a seat delay switch whick keeps the mower from dying when on rough or bouncy terrail. this was the culprit on mine.

on a side note, if you locate the relays, once you start the unit you can remove the kil relay and it will disable all the safety switches. i dont reccommend this but it got me out of a bind. you have to re-install it to start or kill the engine.

nate121080
08-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks a bunch. That worked so I will be able to finish today now and fool with it tomorrow. It died on me yesterday evening around 7 when I was on a hill. It was blowing fuses. I had put on a new shortblock and the rectifier wire had a bare spot and was shorting out. We got that fixed and fooled with the switches till 4 am but never could narrow it down. Even when we bypassed all of em except the pto it would die when trying to engage the blades. We jumped it from the pto switch and it would engage and keep running. I would rather have a mechanical failure than a electrical problem!!!!!!!!

nate121080
08-28-2010, 01:05 PM
I do think its the seat delay module cause when I barely move the brake lever it dies right then instead of waiting a second or 2. Had the seat switched disabled when testing it.