PDA

View Full Version : iPad for pictures

Mark B
08-28-2010, 03:37 PM
I know there was a thread sometime ago about using nice photo book to show pictures. Has anyone used there iPad for doing the same thing? If so what program did you use?
Posted via Mobile Device

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-29-2010, 12:15 AM
I dont have an Ipad, but I do show prospects photos on both my blackberry and on my notebook. I havent used a printed portfolio in a long time. Lately it seems just being able to show off some good photos on a blackberry has been sufficient. Having a good website with many good photos that the clients can see at their leisure is also important. Of course the best sales trigger is walking a prospect through a completed job... First hand experience is worth a thousand photos.

Pro-Scapes
08-29-2010, 08:55 AM
I use it and love it. Works very nice. We can zoom in... The blackberry ? Come on James. Its too hard to tell what is going on in a picture that size.

The Ipad is about perfect size. It allows a very tasteful presentation of the same slideshow I have used at the patio show on a 55 inch monitor.

Another cool thing is there is a low voltage calculator for the ipad that allows you to input the lenght...wire gauge and load to quickly determin voltage drop. Saves alot of time when your doing a sketch on a job or working off a blue print to design systems.

Mark B
08-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info on the app. I think the iPad will be good to show off the pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

BrandonV
08-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Typing on my iPad now... Exact reason I used to "justify" buying it. It is great for photos. I also bought the sketchbook app so you can draw on it, I have a little pen that help. Get one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mark B
08-29-2010, 09:39 PM
I am planning on using it lighting pictures and stuff. But I have other reason I bought it for. I will look into the sketchbook.