PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Question

TMC3
08-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Since the leaf season is coming up I would like some advice on a big job at one of our rental propertys. We have a house with a huge backyard that slopes down to a fence. We like to clean pick the leafs and throw them over the fence. We usually rent a push blower which is great tiil you get to the fence. My question is what is the best way to get the leafs over the fence without picking them up by hand. This job is really a PITA because is take us so long because there are over 10 huge penn oaks. Thanks.

PROCUT1
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Good question. I dont have an answer....lol....but a good question.
Posted via Mobile Device

baddboygeorge
08-29-2010, 11:57 PM
Take a truck loader an sit it on the ground , on the suction side build a 6 long 3 foot high by 2 foot deep box an connect your suction hose to it sit unit in the corner , make a plow for your mower an get all the leaves to your box take a big rake an feed the box , quick an easy , see ya George

alanauer
09-04-2010, 11:01 AM
It's usually a problem controlling growth along a fence. So I'd leave them where blown, maybe drive a vehicle along them to flatten them, even them a bit if necessary, and call it fence-line mulch.

poncho62
09-04-2010, 11:07 AM
If I owned the property on the other side of that fence, I would be pissed.........

Smallaxe
09-04-2010, 11:13 AM
If you monkey with the flap on the blower you should be able to get a lot of them to blow over the fance, depending on height. Problem is, the fence may get dirty. I successfully blow uphill with stone wall terraces, with one of those.

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-14-2010, 03:00 PM
A couple sheets of plywood to act as ramps and blow the leaves at them use back pack to dirrect leaves into path of WB blower up and over fence.

Mowbizz
09-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Take out a couple of sections of fence...it's done all the time around here...

sven1277
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
When we run into this situation, we just bear hug the leaves and toss them over. Sometimes, doing it by hand is quicker than power equipment.

Rtom45
09-15-2010, 09:54 AM
You could also pin a tarp or two on the ground at the fence, then after the leaves are blown onto the tarp, just hoist them over the fence.

rockycrab
09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I like the billy goat leaf vac at the bottom idea, if you can get it down there that is. Short of that option your back to tossing them over by hand if you cant pull out a section. Gotta watch out for guys lifting big tarps of leaves all day. Backs get tired then dudes get hurt, thats why I like power equip over the sometimes faster by hand option. I will have over 50 guys running around during our 6 week leaf season.

cut level
09-15-2010, 10:51 AM
tie 2 tarps together attach em on the top of the fence pull the other end to the ground and tack it down and just blow em up the tarp ramp and bam they are over the fence and you should hav minimal to pick by hand or rake.