PDA

View Full Version : New vs Old Ferris controls

FerrisDJB
08-31-2010, 12:57 AM
I've got a DD 52 Ferris WB 2007 model. I was wondering if anyone has tried to reto fit the new thumb controls that appear on present Ferris Comfort Control DD WalkBehinds to the old Dual Drive Ferris walkbehinds. I sort of need or would like these controls to aid in climbing very steep hils, straight up. Most of the time I really have to push the joy stick fairly far forward and then push down on the control handles to get her to move up the hill. I was hoping these thumb controls would help in easing into hills. Soooo....anybody retro-fit these thumb controls to older Ferris's?

Shasta Lake Landscaping
08-31-2010, 01:17 AM
One of our DD's was having a tough time climbing hills, turned out the hydro belt was loose.

FerrisDJB
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks Shasta, I'l try the belt and see what that does. She will run flats great, turn (y-turn) on the hills but stall-out, tranny wize, on hills going straight up and down. I have to lightly push down on the controls levers to get her to start her climb. Now that seems like a no-brainer, but try this going up a very steep hill and you wind-up fighting the machine all the way to the top. My single 36 does hills ALOT better than the DDS52, but the cutting time is becoming a huge factor as I get older. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks