PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever used different colored mulch?

hotwater
08-31-2010, 04:43 PM
I met with a guy today to discuss an install and when mulch came up he said that he wanted red mulch for the front of his house and black for the rear. I've always placed the same color throughout the property, this is a first for me. Anyone ever lay down two different colors like this?

bradseabridge
08-31-2010, 04:47 PM
red is usually more expensive than black, he probably wants the front red because it will be seen way more than the back. He probably just wants something covering the ground out back. Still why do you care what color it is, your still getting paid to put it down. A customer could ask me to put purple rubber chips in their bed and I would smile and laugh the whole time, I don't care I still get paid the same as black or red.

starry night
08-31-2010, 04:59 PM
red is usually more expensive than black, he probably wants the front red because it will be seen way more than the back. He probably just wants something covering the ground out back. Still why do you care what color it is, your still getting paid to put it down. A customer could ask me to put purple rubber chips in their bed and I would smile and laugh the whole time, I don't care I still get paid the same as black or red.

:laugh: Boy, not me. If anybody wants dyed mulch of any color, and won't take my advice not to use it, I tell them "no, thank you."

ajslands
08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
I try to convince customers to get synthetic mulch. It's nice because you can spray paint it instaed of applyng more!

Also red stains your hands and eerything else!
Posted via Mobile Device

bradseabridge
08-31-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't care because my signs are on my trailer, when I do mulch I don't take the trailer so I don't care who sees it. lol.

starry night
08-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't care because my signs are on my trailer, when I do mulch I don't take the trailer so I don't care who sees it. lol.

Yeh, but you have to see it.

bradseabridge
08-31-2010, 06:29 PM
haha, I don't care lol.

starry night
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
haha, I don't care lol.

I can tell that the color you like best is ........ green. :laugh:

bradseabridge
08-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Haha :laugh:, that's the only thing that motivates me in the morning. If the job looks good with the tools and stipulations I have been given and I get paid. I could give a SH!T about anything else.

starry night
08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
Hey Brad, since this thread seems to have run its course, I can take time for a personal comment. My wife and I took a vacation to near you this summer.
Charlottesville. I like my home state of Ohio and usually I don't see any other place that appeals to me but I sure liked Virginia. I could see myself living there.

bradseabridge
08-31-2010, 11:23 PM
Absolutely, I like where I live right now because there are a TON of people who bought big yards and hate mowing them. The mowing economy where I am not is BOOMING, you almost can't keep up with it. I must have turned down 20 customers throughout the season so far. That said, I am from PA originally Middletown to be exact. While I like it here, I can see myself moving back to PA once this mowing thing runs it's course, that or out into Western VA, no not West Virginia, there are a lot of weird things that go on there.

hotwater
09-01-2010, 01:44 AM
I was just curious. I'm going to give him what he wants, I hope he changes his mind when I'm done so I can get paid again to change the color.

bradseabridge
09-01-2010, 01:55 AM
he wont, but that's wishful thinking.

hotwater
09-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah I know, LOL!

georgiagrass
09-18-2010, 02:36 AM
We get a lot of requests for red hardwood mulch. I think it's ugly, but the customer will get what he wants.

ajslands
09-18-2010, 02:48 AM
We get a lot of requests for red hardwood mulch. I think it's ugly, but the customer will get what he wants.

It is ugly!
Posted via Mobile Device