PDA

View Full Version : Par 5 Landscaping Pictures

Lugnut
08-31-2010, 03:45 PM
Finished a job early so Ive got a bit of time today and was going through some pics...

Lugnut
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
A few more

Lugnut
08-31-2010, 04:04 PM
Had to throw in one of snow since its 95 and humid here today :drinkup:

2brothersyardcare
08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
god ive seen all of those lol

RussellB
08-31-2010, 04:48 PM
They all look good. I am a huge fan curved beds (pic #8).

KE-llc
08-31-2010, 05:15 PM
work looks good except for these two issues I noticed....not trying to be a dick here.

First is the wall...look at the red lines and then the lines of your block how they all meet up in basically one corner....you don't want that as its easy for the wall to break apart in those corners, thats a very weak design.

Second is the pathway, you need to work on your grade a little better how they meet up looks awkward and the pitch is all wrong...

again I am in no way trying to be a dick here, just trying to help

bobcat48
08-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Looks good,nice work.

Nick's Lawn Care
08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
work looks good except for these two issues I noticed....not trying to be a dick here.

First is the wall...look at the red lines and then the lines of your block how they all meet up in basically one corner....you don't want that as its easy for the wall to break apart in those corners, thats a very weak design.

Second is the pathway, you need to work on your grade a little better how they meet up looks awkward and the pitch is all wrong...

I agree, other than those two things, very nice work!

albhb3
08-31-2010, 07:12 PM
The only thing i can think of is it was suppost to channel the water better away from the wall and the pick on the left the cap blocks are not centered but other than that I like it

Lugnut
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
I agree with the wall comment, that wall was done last year and Ive gotten pretty good with my corners since then, besides one of my helpers was making the cuts for it and that didn't help. In hindsight for the pavers I should have added another step and landing area to flatten it out, but this is what the customer wanted.

JDavisLandscapes
08-31-2010, 09:08 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing

kootoomootoo
09-01-2010, 02:10 AM
I agree with the wall comment, that wall was done last year and Ive gotten pretty good with my corners since then, besides one of my helpers was making the cuts for it and that didn't help. In hindsight for the pavers I should have added another step and landing area to flatten it out, but this is what the customer wanted.

the customer wanted 7in max rise on their steps and a contractor who knew what they were doing.......they got neither.

eatonpcat
09-01-2010, 12:47 PM
the customer wanted 7in max rise on their steps and a contractor who knew what they were doing.......they got neither.

OUCH!!! But I agree, I doubt the customer wanted an unsafe walkway!! :waving:

KE-llc
09-01-2010, 06:34 PM

again not trying to be a dick but honestly it doesnt matter what the customer wanted in this case, thats just unsafe an poor workmanship...

atleast you acknowledge these mistakes unlike most guys on here who flip out when you critique their work! :waving: :waving:

pinecrestwoods
09-01-2010, 09:38 PM
If you straightened out the curves a bit in Pic #8, the poor guy doing the maintenance could go a lot quicker. A little less would be more in that one. Looks like you get some nice fun jobs, though!

highclimber604
09-04-2010, 01:13 AM
"THIS IS WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTED" is the worst excuse in the book. You have to be the professional and tell them the way it needs to be done in order to for it to be safe and pleasing to the eye. People like to be told things. Customers will listen to you. Get a general idea on what they want and how they want it to look, then put your pencil to work to create a design that works for you and the consumer. If you cant come to an agreement, then walk away because there are to many hacks out there that do shitty work then we come back a year later and fix it, and usually charge alot more than we originally quoted:waving: