PDA

View Full Version : Exmark LHP bagging system

Westbrooklawn
08-07-2002, 03:08 PM
I have been using a Walker 48" GHS for the last 6 years and just added a 48" Exmark Lazer Z HP to my equipment inventory. I added the mulching kit, but it slows me down quite a bit. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Exmark bagging system.......I don't want to spend the $1300 if it doesn't do a good job. Thanks for any insight!!

John Gamba
08-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Hello westbrooklawn
MY Freind has One On His Lazer z The ultra Vac. The blower Sticks Out Some what But It's a Very good Bagger. Your's will be easy to get off with one person. I Have Only trac-vac's On All My exmark's and Am Very Happy With them. The Ultra-vac Has about 4 Bushel's More. Hope this help's.

Downeast
08-07-2002, 05:05 PM
The Ultra Vac works very well , it leaves the lawn looking great . What is the problem with your mulching kit ? I have one but have not put it on yet .

Westbrooklawn
08-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Chester -

Unless you mow at a slower speed, the mulcher leaves some stringers, and it just doesn't leave the quality of cut I expect. I am mowing at 3.5" or higher (mainly tall fescue), and due to drought conditions in our area the turf has gotten pretty thin. I think the combination of thin grass and mowing high creates a poor situation for good blade lift, and that may be contributing to the problem.

odin
08-07-2002, 07:30 PM
ultra vac works great and it has to get extremly wet to clog it.

We mainly use it in the fall for leaves put gator blades on it an it will pack the leaves in