PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Evolution

grassman222
09-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Hello everyone,
was wondering if anybody bought the ferris evolution? If so how is it , pro's and con's? let me know i was thinking of buying one but im unsure yet? Thanks:usflag:

Sweet Tater
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Hello everyone,
was wondering if anybody bought the ferris evolution? If so how is it , pro's and con's? let me know i was thinking of buying one but im unsure yet? Thanks:usflag:

just busted the 20 hr mark on mine, I love it, suprisingly confortable even being on it about 3 hrs straigh on the same lawn. cuts great, and I love the deck hight adjustment,its done by a crank and you can make some seriously small adjustments to match another mower or just level out an area. I have no complaints on it yet except the price lol, but I guess its about the ame roughly as a regular z

grassman222
09-01-2010, 10:12 PM
i got a price for a 48 inch and that was around $7800. idk i geuss im just old fashion and im use to the z riders . thanks for the info.

grassman222
09-01-2010, 10:13 PM
and i think ferris is running a $1000 rebate on the 36inch and the 48 inch only not the 51 inch.

Sweet Tater
09-03-2010, 02:17 AM
and i think ferris is running a $1000 rebate on the 36inch and the 48 inch only not the 51 inch.

the 1k rebate is over, at least around here, but 7800?? I only gave 7100 including finance charges
btw mine is a 48"/20hp

grassman222
09-03-2010, 06:01 PM
my bad it was $7000 for the 48" 20 h.p. your right. i was looking at something else:confused: Im just not sure how it would feel out working. I drove the one at my dealer around the parking lot but that doesnt compare to grass, bumps, hills ect.

Sweet Tater
09-04-2010, 12:07 AM
my bad it was $7000 for the 48" 20 h.p. your right. i was looking at something else:confused: Im just not sure how it would feel out working. I drove the one at my dealer around the parking lot but that doesnt compare to grass, bumps, hills ect.

it rides good, I have a bad hip and knee and after 3 hours at the same house It was still confortable to me

johnsonslawnmanagement
09-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I demoed one... Couldn't stand it. I thought it was uncomfortable.
Hey tater,
saw u at Dinner Bell today, noticed the evo was parked!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Tater
09-04-2010, 01:10 AM
I demoed one... Couldn't stand it. I thought it was uncomfortable.
Hey tater,
saw u at Dinner Bell today, noticed the evo was parked!
Posted via Mobile Device

hey, didnt want to get it all dirty with that nasty stinking dith water behind the place. I used it the rest of the day. I love that thing.

Why didnt you stop and say hi?

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-04-2010, 01:48 AM
I have a snapper pro s75x, its the same, just without front suspension. I love the design it's very comfortable, nimble, and fast, Hold hills as good as any z if you learn how.

turfrider1020
09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
i demo'd one last year, it is very fast and fairly comfortable, but sux on hills, gonna stick to my wright standers, they are the best for hills and i have alot of hills

grassman222
09-05-2010, 08:15 PM
i have to look at the standers everyone has them around my area. Im probably going to buy a new mid mount zero turn as well for my bigger lawns. I love the ferris mid mount zero turns mowers they are comfortable, but price is getting high. Any one have a bad boy mower? they are like half the price and they look like a nice mower but no suspension.

LibertyFarmLandscaping
09-13-2010, 12:57 AM
i have to look at the standers everyone has them around my area. Im probably going to buy a new mid mount zero turn as well for my bigger lawns. I love the ferris mid mount zero turns mowers they are comfortable, but price is getting high. Any one have a bad boy mower? they are like half the price and they look like a nice mower but no suspension.

I have a BB Outlaw- Very good on hills, no suspension, but is long wheelbase which helps with the ride. Adjustable front lip deck, slightly better cut quality than the Lightning or AOS models.

I also have a BB Lightning- Not so good on hills, but has suspension and rides great. Not quite as smooth as a Ferris, but much less on price.

Indian Springs on the site here went to the factory about a month ago. He says they are coming out with a model combining the suspension of the Lightning with the Hillside capabilities of the Outlaw with several engine options including a diesel.

There are alot of Badboy bashers on this site. However, I have great dealer support. I have 275 hours on the Outlaw, and 178 hours on the Lightning with no problems so far.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I tried the Ferris and Sentar Sport and went with the Scag V Ride 36". I paid $6100 for my V-Ride. I didn't like the cranking lever to adjust the height on the Ferris (Snapper Pro). I also like how much faster it is to get on and off the Scag. One pull of the handle is all it takes to adjust the cutting height. Plus I know all the padding on the Ferris will end up getting torn or wearing out. My Scag now has no padding to replace. Also, if you get in a 911 situation all you have to do is take one quick step and your off the Scag. Plus the mower is a Scag how can you argue with that? Ha Ha.

I took the weights off the front of my Scag as well as the fold down platform and huge pad. Now my machine weighs about 100 less lbs and handles better on the hillsides. Plus my workers are able to stand about 8" closer to the center of the axle which makes the machine more stable. If I had a machine shop I would move the whole top of the mower where the hand controls are forward 8" as well. That would allow the operator to lean into the hills a little and make the mower even better.

I told Scag about my mods and desired mods to make the mower even better. Now I'm waiting for my design consulting check to come in the mail!

grassman222
09-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I ried the bad boy lightning on monday and WOW that thing is fast . I didnt buy one but the book says it will do 13mph and i beileve now . I have been on alot of mowers in my day an that has been the fastest one to date for me.

grassman222
09-19-2010, 02:18 PM
How does the deck height adjust on the evolution? I see it has the crank but do you have to move the belt up or down on the pulley coming off the motor?

:usflag:

grassman222
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Well i bought an evolution last week . Its not to bad , i still have to get use to the new sounds and movements but other than that its not bad . I will agree it doesnt do all that great on hills , but i dont have that many so im not worried about it .