PDA

View Full Version : Wow. I did it...

beachtownlawnservice
09-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Just landed my first HUGE commercial account. A Really nice complex on the beach. (condo's) I submitted a bid 2 months ago, against several other of the big boys around town. Ive been beating my self up about it ever since. Did i bid to much? Did i underbid it? Am i ready? Ive only been in business for 4 months. Well they called last week and said I won the bid. Wanted me to start wed (today). I was up all night. is everything ready? do i have this? do i need that? just nerves ya know. all my other accounts are small residential yards, few medium lots. and crappy city contracted over grown yards from hell. nothing big time. Nothing like this. This is a fancy complex right on the beach.. HOLY CR#P WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO???? Well this morning we rocked and rolled right through that B#tch 1hr,45min. And that was with my OCD kicking in making sure we went above and beyond and did everything absolutely perfect.. . it even took less time than i expected. Better for me... Holy cow i think I'm getting good at this...

Sweet Tater
09-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Congrats, Hoe everything works out for you, I just went through the same thing a month ago landing my first big one too. It is scarey but you can handle it. Just think things out and go. it will be fine.

kilgoja
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
congrats :)

bel-nor
09-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Congratulations this is always good to hear. Those commercial accounts really make the business well worth while. I bet you didnt even feel like you didnt get that much sleep. Good work!

DQL10
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM
Congratulations!

PremierT&L
09-13-2010, 10:42 PM
Congrats!!

I've been in business about 1.5 years now and have 3 nice contracts like yours. Right now I'm working on several more bids for 2011. We only have 4 lawns for special customers. The rest of the time we do installs and renovations.

You are going to be so glad to make the jump. If you follow this simple advice you will get more of these contracts: Be thorough, reliable, and exceed their expectations. It can be costly sometimes, but it pays off.

Good luck!

georgiagrass
09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Congrats!!

I've been in business about 1.5 years now and have 3 nice contracts like yours. Right now I'm working on several more bids for 2011. We only have 4 lawns for special customers. The rest of the time we do installs and renovations.

You are going to be so glad to make the jump. If you follow this simple advice you will get more of these contracts: Be thorough, reliable, and exceed their expectations. It can be costly sometimes, but it pays off.

Good luck!

That's pretty good advice for any segment of our industry.

DIXIECONTRACTING
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Nice going keep up the great work.

xtreem3d
09-15-2010, 05:18 PM
congrats..i have a question though....at least here in st. louis ,we don't normally start new contracts until the spring of the next season...why the start in Sept?
steve

Lefet
09-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Congratulatlons!!!

beachtownlawnservice
09-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I got the contract this late out of pure luck. They called me and the first thing she asked was " DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH" I said yes mam...:) and she went on how she wasn't happy with her current crew. that none of them speak English, they cant communicate with them. every week is a different set of guys working. and the owner that did speak English was never on site. I got lucky, real lucky i guess..

xtreem3d
09-16-2010, 06:41 PM
good for you..i have gotten 2 contracts like that, although they like to keep it hush,hush

rollinrock
09-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Quick idea to "beach town lawn service". You just got a killer hint to nail down a few more of those CREAM jobs.

Go out and solicit those places you want to work with and in your pitch you mention your crew is english speaking and the same guys show up every time you come to work.

Also, next time you have a potential customer who is not satisfied with their current lawn care company. Use their complaints as ammo on your next client mentioning "My company does or does not do this, this and this. Use their complaints to land more business.

Does that make sense?

944own
09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
congrats hope you get many more (American owned and operated)

MarcSmith
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
you think you got jitters for a 2 hour job. wait until you got two crews on a site for the entire day 52 weeks out of the year...

good job....keep up the good work