PDA

View Full Version : Redhawk Mowers

nvenuto
09-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just became a member of this forum but wanted to discuss some info about redhawk mowers. I have read in the past forums that redhawk mower were cheap and unreliable. I own six of them as well as 12 Scag and 8 Standers. They Perform great for a walk behind. Some points. They share common parts with Scag and made in the same standards as Scag. The only issue i've had is with the engine. They come with kohler 15 which are the worst engine on the market. I replaced all mine to Kawi and they all run perfect. just my opinion but for the money they work very well.

bc3xx0
09-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
I just became a member of this forum but wanted to discuss some info about redhawk mowers. I have read in the past forums that redhawk mower were cheap and unreliable. I own six of them as well as 12 Scag and 8 Standers. They Perform great for a walk behind. Some points. They share common parts with Scag and made in the same standards as Scag. The only issue i've had is with the engine. They come with kohler 15 which are the worst engine on the market. I replaced all mine to Kawi and they all run perfect. just my opinion but for the money they work very well.

I'm not dogging redhawk, but if you replaced all the motors to kawi, would'nt that shoot the cost up an extra 800-1200 bucks, and lose all reason to go with a lower cost mower??

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Post a picture of all 26 of your mowers, you must have a huge operation!

PlantscapeSolutions
09-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Just the lack of local parts suppliers and a place to do warranty work would scare most people away. Way too many companies trying to make cheap bargain mowers now a days. If the companies go belly up your SOL when you need parts.

Mowingman
09-26-2010, 10:04 AM
Yep, that Redhawk purchase was a real money saving way to go.
What a deal. Mower @ $2200 and new engine @$1200. Lets see. I believe that makes the total investment/ machine at somewhere around $3400.
Gee, couldn't we buy a top quality machine, with dealer support for warranty and parts, for that, or even LESS??
Way to go there. Tell us about your other money saving deals.:laugh:

Richard Martin
09-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Which parts do your Chinese commie mower share with Scag. Part numbers please.

lawnboy852
09-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Power to you, its a global world, and a global economy. There is a reason outsourcing has skyrocketed recently, just look at america, everyone wants to do the least work for the most money, or spend the least money for the "best" products.

Think about it, if you were hiring employees, and you found an essentially limitless supply of laborers who would actually work, and work hard, for minimum wage, would you pay them more just for the hell of it?

Also i dont doubt that almost all mowers on the market have plenty of parts in common, or at least a close enough fit. Another point is that some people are really good with maintenance and dont need a dealer to do everything for them...

Richard Martin
09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
its a global world, and a global economy.

That's the problem with a lot of young people these days. They've had it way too easy and fail to realize the implications of letting the communists run the show. The Chech president just gave an emphatic NO to the idea of your New World Order.

lawnboy852
09-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Globalization is in no way "letting the communists run the show." Outsourcing jobs is believe it or not capitalism at its finest!

Richard Martin
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Globalization is in no way "letting the communists run the show." Outsourcing jobs is believe it or not capitalism at its finest!

Do you, in some way, fashion or form, really believe that China is going to want to share the power once they become the number 1 economy in a few years. Communism cannot function properly in a free world and they don't call it Red China for nothing.

PlantscapeSolutions
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Power to you, its a global world, and a global economy. There is a reason outsourcing has skyrocketed recently, just look at america, everyone wants to do the least work for the most money, or spend the least money for the "best" products.

Think about it, if you were hiring employees, and you found an essentially limitless supply of laborers who would actually work, and work hard, for minimum wage, would you pay them more just for the hell of it?

Also I dont doubt that almost all mowers on the market have plenty of parts in common, or at least a close enough fit. Another point is that some people are really good with maintenance and dont need a dealer to do everything for them...

Most machines use the same engines, wheel motors, hydro pumps, belts, and tires sizes. The frame is about the only major thing most mower companies actually make. Your right on the money but I still want company with a great track record.

The companies that make all the stuff in China are not state owned companies like what we used to see when the Soviet Union was still around. China has a lot of capitalism going on and it's primarily the government sector that's communist not the economy. The world would never invest tons of money in Chinese business ventures if they were government owned.

lawnboy852
09-26-2010, 09:38 PM
First off, the US is far from the top economy in the world, and we are very quickly being beaten out by a lot of countries. Second, if not for trade with china we would have nothing. Voluntary international trade, as an economic rule, contributes to the wellbeing of all involved parties. Every economics textbook ever written will tell you the same thing. Third, China was moving toward a very communist world order, as was the ussr, then this thing called the cold war happened, and now everything is at least tolerable in the world. These businesses in china are not communist operations at all, and china is very quickly becoming the largest global superpower since the roman empire. the bottom line there is nothing we can do to stop it! At this point we are in too deep, so lets not resist eh? Make friends now, maybe they will play nice later. And truth be told, if you are looking to save a few bucks on something, buy chinese made, im all for it and so are you, chances are you do it every day without even realizing it!

nvenuto
09-26-2010, 10:47 PM
This Post is primary torwards Mowingman and Richard Martin. Let me ask you guys a question is all of your mowing arsenal made in the USA? How bout your Backpack Mowers, Line Trimmers, Hedge Trimmers? I bet that what you two own at least 70 percent has been made off overseas. Maybe the company is not a chinese company but parts are made there. Oh and lets see here red hawk mowers USA company. And Another thing 2200 plus a 750 Kawi is 2950 lets say 3500 for a new mower. MMMMM How much for a new Scag 48" aroung $4800.00. I dont know guys do that Math Again..... LOL

Richard Martin
09-27-2010, 06:25 AM
First off, the US is far from the top economy in the world, and we are very quickly being beaten out by a lot of countries. Second, if not for trade with china we would have nothing. Voluntary international trade, as an economic rule, contributes to the wellbeing of all involved parties. Every economics textbook ever written will tell you the same thing. Third, China was moving toward a very communist world order, as was the ussr, then this thing called the cold war happened, and now everything is at least tolerable in the world. These businesses in china are not communist operations at all, and china is very quickly becoming the largest global superpower since the roman empire. the bottom line there is nothing we can do to stop it! At this point we are in too deep, so lets not resist eh? Make friends now, maybe they will play nice later. And truth be told, if you are looking to save a few bucks on something, buy chinese made, im all for it and so are you, chances are you do it every day without even realizing it!

The United States Of America is currently the number one economy in the world. http://www.economywatch.com/economies-in-top/

If we did not export so much of our manufacturing capacity to China and import so much of their crap, we would be be self sufficient and it would have been far easier to dig our way out of this depression that we are in. You do realize that we have sent so much of our manufacturing capacity to them that if we got into a war with them we could NOT manufacture our own weapons of war.

There is a semi free market business system in China. DO NOT for one moment think that the communist regime in China won't seize every business, home, car and even people's souls if they think it's in their best interest. And they don't have to work with congress to do it. They have done it before and they will do it again if they want to. The only reason they allow as much freedom as they do is because it's advancing their communist agenda. As soon as the semi free model has served it's purpose they will shut it down.

Plantscape made mention of American investments in Chinese companies. American companies are well aware of the situation in China. They are also aware that it could easily end in an instant. Why then do they invest there?

An investment is a gamble no matter where the bet is made.

These companies are willing to bet their money that they will get their money back and make a profit. They are willing to gamble that the Chinese government won't seize their assets. They are willing to bet that there won't be an economic war. They are willing to bet that there won't be a hot (real) war. And I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the larger companies have contingency plans in place if something does happen.

I refuse to willingly support the Red Chinese government. I do acknowledge that in many cases, too many, that you have no choice. In the case of Red Hawk mowers, there are plenty of alternate choices.

lawnboy852
09-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Richard, check your facts, the link you gave is pulling data from 2007. Oh and also, the recession has officially ended as of a few weeks ago....

Im cutting myself off before this turns into a Sh*t show you're wrong im right thread. Its a complex issue with a lot of problems, lots of different answers and possibilities.

I for one have confidence in our economy, and if not in our economy in our government and military. We may not be on top economically, but we damn sure are the most powerful nation to date. Let alone the general global disinterest in communism, even without our global allies, we have the firepower to run the town.

cgaengineer
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
If you believe the recession is over I have a bridge for sale. I'm not knocking your business practices of buying the highest quality mower you can afford at the best possible price, but no matter what Obama says, the recession is not over.
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Richard, check your facts, the link you gave is pulling data from 2007. Oh and also, the recession has officially ended as of a few weeks ago....

Show me a chart where the US isn't at the top of the list.

Tell the tens of millions of people that are unemployed that the depression is over. My son-in-law is an electrician. The company he works for has cut their employee roster in half. They are having a company wide meeting this Thursday to discuss the state of the company with the remaining employees. Would you care to bet at what they're going to discuss? My son-in-law is scared to death at what they're going to say.

Tell the almost 40 million people that are on food stamps that the depression is over. These food stamps are the only reason you're not seeing bread lines like back in the Great Depression.

This is no different than the Great Depression. Real unemployment is well over 20 percent.

The ONLY reason our nations's GDP is where it's at is because the money that the big banks transfer from the Fed and people like us is counted as GDP. Take out that money and GDP is negative. Remember, all of those huge profits that the big banks steal (earn) comes from somebody else. That somebody else is you and me. My 401K has absolutely been hammered and continues to be. But for some strange reason the big banks pull in record profits. Would you care to guess where the money in my 401K went?

The biggest difference between this depression and the Great Depression is we were able to dig our way out of the Great Depression. Good luck with this one. The way we dug ourselves out of the Great Depression was through our huge industrial base. That is GONE.

cgaengineer
09-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Show me a chart where the US isn't at the top of the list.

Tell the tens of millions of people that are unemployed that the depression is over. My son-in-law is an electrician. The company he works for has cut their employee roster in half. They are having a company wide meeting this Thursday to discuss the state of the company with the remaining employees. Would you care to bet at what they're going to discuss? My son-in-law is scared to death at what they're going to say.

Tell the almost 40 million people that are on food stamps that the depression is over.

This is no different than the Great Depression. Real unemployment is well over 20 percent.

The ONLY reason our nations's GDP is where it's at is because the money that the big banks transfer from the Fed and people like us is counted as GDP. Take out that money and GDP is negative. Remember, all of those huge profits that the big banks steal (earn) comes from somebody else.

Thanks for going into the detail that I didn't want to go into. :)

Many companies around here are suffering, including our family business. If the recession is over I would expect to see the housing industry to be booming again, its not. Like the company your son works for, my fathers business has cut employees down to a fraction of what it was 2 years ago. Only someone who is blind and dumb would think the recession is over, even the democrats don't believe it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mowingman
09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok, so you are talking about a 48" walkbehind?
Redhawk sells for $2300.00, maybe $2200 if you find a deal. Plus, engine at $1000.00. you are not going to buy a 125HP complete Kawasaki vert. shaft engine for $750.00. I just checked a bunch of online engine sales places and not one of them had one for anything like $750.00.
I can buy a high quality Gravely 48"/15hp walkbehind, and probasbly other brands too, for about $3200 - $3600, depending on how badly the dealer wants to move them out.
So, your deal is $3200 - $3300, for a piece of junk, Chinese-made machine with a life of maybe 3 or 4 years, depending on use and maint.
Your cost/year is $800 - $1100/year
My deal, is $3200 - $3600 out the door, for a high quality machine that will last 6-8 years, or more, depending on use and maint.
My cost is is $400 - $600/year
You have your opinion, and I have mine. However, paying for quality will always save you money in the long haul.

lawnboy852
09-27-2010, 04:05 PM
http://www.photius.com/rankings/economy/gdp_per_capita_2010_0.html

there you go!

and the economics behind the recession is pretty complex stuff, and truth of the matter is there is no way to prevent a recession, because you cant predict it until its already happening, which is why economists love predicting a recession, because they already know its happening, and the population does not feel it yet. Same goes on the other end, that although economically the recession has "ended" we wont feel the effects of it for quite some time. And this only happened recently, I read it within the past month. Times are still tough, but the road to recovery has been paved.

Either way, lets move past the economics of it and get to the issue OP was looking at. Im glad you have found a good way to run your business, good luck to you. Use whatever machines from wherever you want. Its people that are willing to work who will get the nation back on track, so have at it!

Richard Martin
09-27-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.photius.com/rankings/economy/gdp_per_capita_2010_0.html

That's Per Capita. In case you didn't know that is the amount of money each person makes.

If you have 10 people and each one makes an average of 100 dollars then their per capita income is 100 dollars. Together as a group their cummulative wealth is 1000 dollars.

If you have a group of 20 people and their average income is 75 dollars then it is said that their per capita income is 75 dollars. Together as a group though their cummulative wealth is 1500 dollars.

The second group is worth more than the first group despite the fact that each individual makes less money.

There is strength in numbers.

That's why the little piss ant countries that are ahead of the US in the per capita chart don't amount to squat even if you add the total wealth of all of those countries together.

That's not National Weath. We are talking about National Wealth and the United States is currently number 1 and has been for a very long time.

lawnboy852
09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Per capita is in some ways a much better representation of economic status... Think about it, isnt everyone better off? And even our GDP is not the highest! The age of American total domination of the globe is over, and needs to be over! Economics is also one area where numbers can tell you anything you want. Your source says this, mine that, and someone elses something entirely different. So im not here to argue, this site is about lawncare not global economics and politics, and I try not to get involved in it but anyway...