PDA

View Full Version : Flex Forks Opinions Needed!!!

cbkc
09-03-2010, 05:07 AM
PJ - I'm nervous to put flex forks on my Super Z because I don't want it to mess up my cut quality. Obviously if you have the front end flexing up and down wouldn't it cause uneven cutting? What about when they eventually wear out? Would the front end eventually be lower than the rear? I'm assuming your answer is that they will actually make the cut better but should I mess with a good thing if I'm happy with the cut right now?

Can anyone offer their opinions on the flex forks? What was the before and after results on cut quality?

mowerconsultant
09-03-2010, 04:34 PM
I wouldn’t be nervous at all, read up on them here, they work awesome!!

G. Ramey
09-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Buy the flex forks and you won't regret it. Mine have 1200 hours on them and they are just as firm as when they were new. The frontend will not sag over time. The improved ride is well worth the couple hundred dollars the flex forks cost. They will not dive and cause an uneven cut. I think the people that say this have never tried them. I will buy them for my next mower too.

cbkc
09-04-2010, 04:34 AM
Is one of the benefits to improve cut quality?

How much is the suspension seat for my 2003 Super Z?

tootalltrucker
09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I only have 40 hours on my z4 and use it on a large residential lot so I may not be the professional opinion you are looking for. But sounds like you want a smoother ride or else would not be considering the flex forks. They help smooth out the bumps and I have not noticed that the cut is any "less smooth". I cut the yard a couple of times befor installingt the FF.

Seems to me that anthing that would cause the FF to flex would also cause a regular fork to "bounce". In the case of a flex the mower deck actually moves less as the forks absorb some of the bounce. With regular forks the deck would "bounce" along with the forks and that could also result in a cut that is not perfectly even. Not sure you can notice the difference in cut quality but I do notice the difference in ride quality. Hope that helps.

Tockit
09-06-2010, 10:47 PM
I wouldn’t be nervous at all, read up on them here, they work awesome!!

PJ is right! You won't regret the flex forks and I can't tell any difference at all in the quality of cut.

mowerconsultant
09-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Is one of the benefits to improve cut quality?

How much is the suspension seat for my 2003 Super Z?

It will cut the same, the purpose is to improve the ride.
A Hustler suspension seat from a Hustler dealer will run you over 500...

cbkc
09-10-2010, 03:24 AM
I went for the Flex Forks and love them so far. It has made some of my bumpier yards much quicker to mow. I'm nervous about them wearing over time but for the time being I am happy with my purchase!

mowerconsultant
09-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I went for the Flex Forks and love them so far. It has made some of my bumpier yards much quicker to mow. I'm nervous about them wearing over time but for the time being I am happy with my purchase!

We told ya... lol.... j/k.... enjoy em!!

PAHOBO
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Buy the flex forks !!!!!!!
I just got into lawn care,restraunt equipment repair worked for 20 years but the economy says find another line of work.last fall i purchased a hustler from tony's in clymer pa. After shopping for several months.i ran a unit at his store with solid forks and loved the machine soo miuch i bought it!he talked me into the flex forks and had them installed when i picked up the unit at no extra charge! What a difference the flex forks make!!!!! It's not like riding in my silverado but for a mower it makes a huge difference! Thanks hustler for a wonderful product and thanks to this site i think i will be a regular here!!!!

pathfinder1810
03-04-2011, 12:04 AM
I just recently bought the Hustler Fastrack 54 SD. Ran it once without the Flex Forks, which were on order and then agin after I put them on. It was night and day. My palce is fairly flat overall, with ditches and a sharp slope to the retention area, BUT it's mostly clay and it's quite bumpy. The flex forks made a huge difference in ride quality. Could be one of the best options I've ever bought for anything I've owned. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

HussyFan
03-14-2011, 01:34 PM
I had Flex Forks on my other hustler before I traded her off. I bought this new SD 54" and I didn't let it leave the showroom floor without having them installed. I'll never mow with nor own a hustler mower without them!!:clapping:

Dozer_Fan
03-29-2011, 01:14 PM
PJ-

Can you put the flex forks on an 2003 ATZ? Thanks!

mowerconsultant
03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
PJ-

Can you put the flex forks on an 2003 ATZ? Thanks!

Yes, the Hustler Z / Super Z Flex Forks are the same for the ATZ.

Pj

Dozer_Fan
03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks Pj!