PDA

View Full Version : bobcat ztr

Keep-a-cuttin
08-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Hey All,
I currently am running 2 scag 48 walk behinds/hydros and a Walker MT 48in. GHS, the walker is not practical for the larger lawns I am beginning to cut. I would like to get rid of it and buy a new ztr. My local Walker dealer that is going to give the best trade in price also carrys bobcats and toros. I was considering a bobcat, what is your opinions.
Jason

Turf Ranger
08-07-2002, 11:47 PM
i dont own a bobcat/and have never used one. But some guys that cut a hoa by where i live use a bobcat and it has a great cut. but other than that, dont know much about them

Mowingman
08-08-2002, 10:17 PM
I had a Bobcat ZT200; 60" deck and 22hp Kohler. Most dependable mower of all the ZTR's I have owned. They are not as fast or as fancey as some, but I never had one breakdown in the 6 years I owned the machine. I decided to sell it this spring as dealer quit selling them and was not going to stock parts. I could kick myself for selling it now, I loved that machine. On the other hand, I had a Toro last year and sold it this spring. Did not cut as good as the old Bobcat, and was a troublesome machine overall. Bobcat ZTR's are well built. You will not regret buying one.:D

Ax Man
08-10-2002, 09:00 AM
I ran the zt 200 for 3 years. Very dependable.
I replaced filters regularly and the clutch 1 time in 1050 hours.
Pretty funny though, traded it on a walker.
The bobcat is a good machine, but you will want doubles when the grass gets thick.
BTW, after putting on the speedup pulley,
I am servicing the same lawns in the same time with a 52 sd deck that I was with the 61 on the bobcat.
Makes you wonder...

Demo Demo Demo