PDA

View Full Version : Wright Stander what?

soustek
09-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok so I was GIVEN a Wright Stander mower. What I do know is it cuts grass like no ones business. Other then that I cant find very much about it.... I think the model number is 4317kav? and the serial is 11769?? and its a 48" mower with a Kawasaki engine and the oil filter is PF1233 (ac delco) filter. Someone please give me some information on this mower!!! Thanks for your time!

PTP
09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
It appears that you have the model number wrong. I believe that it would be a 4817kaw.

The 48 indicates a 48" deck. The 17 indicates a 17hp engine and the kaw indicates a Kawasaki engine.

What else do you want to know?

soustek
09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
That is super helpful thanks! I guess I was wondering when types of accessories there is and if anyone knows of an owners manual. Thanks again for your help!

PTP
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
You can find an owners manual online at www.wrightmfg.com. They have a list of their accessories there as well.

soustek
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
You can find an owners manual online at www.wrightmfg.com. They have a list of their accessories there as well.

Guess they dropped the manual since the mower is older.

Does anyone know if this was suppose to be an electric start? Right now when I want to run it I turn the key to start and pull the string on the engine. If I turn the key to run it shuts the mower off. Thanks again for everyone's help.

pugs
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Guess they dropped the manual since the mower is older.

Does anyone know if this was suppose to be an electric start? Right now when I want to run it I turn the key to start and pull the string on the engine. If I turn the key to run it shuts the mower off. Thanks again for everyone's help.

No, they only make one sticker for the dashboard area. Your key position only has off/on as opposed to off/on/start.

KAW is recoil start. KAWE is electric start. KAWRE is recoil and electric start.

soustek
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
O Ok thanks. Do you know of a parts list for this mower, it seems that wright doesn't have much involving this model anymore.

PTP
09-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I would bet that the parts are mostly the same. What in particular are you looking for?

You might just call the dealer and ask them. They might even give you the parts numbers or you could save the hassle and just buy what you need from the dealer.

soustek
09-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Well I am missing a spacer that goes on the front wheel the lower the deck and the black plastic wing nut ("thingy") that's on the top of the deck. Also need new blades but i'm not sure which ones would be best to purchase for mowing about 10 1/2 acre yards weekly.

PTP
09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
If the space is c shaped then they have not changed. Just order one. The blade that will probably work best will be a 16 1/2" high lift blade. Get 6 so you have an extra set.
Posted via Mobile Device

soustek
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
Man thanks a ton for all the help. You guys are great.

Shasta Lake Landscaping
09-09-2010, 02:15 AM
How did you get it for free?

pugs
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
O Ok thanks. Do you know of a parts list for this mower, it seems that wright doesn't have much involving this model anymore.

Both the parts list and owners manual are on the wrightmfg.com website. Look under Large Stander and find the one that goes with your serial number range.

soustek
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
How did you get it for free?

My wife's father is a auto mechanic and every once and a while someone brings him a lawn mower to work on. It just so happened that someone bought another truck for there landscaping company that needed a lot of work and he did the work and in return the guy gave him a wright stander and a scag walk behind that he gave to my brother-in-law. Worked out well for me lol.

WrightCommercial
09-13-2010, 10:45 AM
soustek,

On our website's homepage click on the support tab and the next page will give you access to the older owner's manuals and illustrated parts lists based on serial number. When you pull up the owners manual the cover page will say it is for a higher serial range but the document is correct for your serial. The model tabs on the homepage only show the most recent production version of the documents.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg.