PDA

View Full Version : problem with mower need help

Drdtmd
09-05-2010, 11:35 AM
:) guys i bought a brand new everride warrior that was a couple years old no warranty.first time a used it it started perfectly and mowed my lawn with no problems till my last pass where it started to bog alittle. yesterday second use it started but not right away.i got one pass and the engine stalled. even though i let it warm up for 4 minutes i had to choke the engine again to get it started.it would run alittle and then stall.again only way to start it was to choke. also i could not throttle it all the way up or engage the pto without stalling. one time when it started i got off the machine and noticed that it was idling up and down i guess electronically. i'm new to mowers but mechanically inclined so i'm asking the experts if you guys have a idea of what is going on or should i just pay to have it picked up by one of the local dealers? thanks dave

lawnpro724
09-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Is this a new machine that has just been sitting around for a couple of years at the shop? If so take if back and have them rebuild the carb for free. If this was one of those internet sales then your on your own. The carb is the problem. A couple years of sitting after initial setup and engine start up can ruin a carb. It sounds like the carb float was not drained and some gas was left in the carb for a couple years until you bought it.

nepatsfan
09-05-2010, 12:04 PM
^^^sounds like carb to me too

Drdtmd
09-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes Internet sale and yes it was sitting awhile. I got it for a real good price so if I need to put alittle money into it that's ok. Should I tackle it myself? Take the carb of And bring it to the shop or have them pick up the machine? How much do you think a carb rebuild wi cost? Thanks guys

Patriot Services
09-05-2010, 01:48 PM
It could be the carb, easy enough to disassemble and clean. When an engine hunts up and down and only runs on choke it is usually a vacuum leak. Check the carb and intake manifold bolts. If still bad remove and inspect the manifold for any cracks. More and more engines are coming with plastic manifolds that crack easily.:usflag:

ALC-GregH
09-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Is has water in the float bowl. Drop the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and clean it out. Then drain the tanks and put fresh fuel in and you should be fine.

C&K
09-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Water is what it sounds like to me, too. I would take the spark plugs out and turn the engine over a few seconds and see if water shoots out. Then, let the cylinders dry with the spark plugs out while you drain the engine oil and fuel. Hope this helps.

jbannick18
09-05-2010, 05:29 PM
I'd say check the float bowl as well. Ha an issue with mine that would bog an die randomly. Dealership cleaned out the float bowl and it's been running strong ever since
Posted via Mobile Device

Keith
09-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Is has water in the float bowl. Drop the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and clean it out. Then drain the tanks and put fresh fuel in and you should be fine.

Agreed. Start with the simple things first.

A friend of mine was going to sell his Power King tractor a few weeks ago, and it was slow to start. He said it lacked power and needed the choke to be partially closed to run at all. I told him to drain the bowl and the tank, and I gave him a couple gallons of non-ethanol gasoline. It ran just fine after that.

Drdtmd
09-05-2010, 06:41 PM
:) great i will start with the float bowl and fresh gas first.thanks guys for all your help

Drdtmd
09-11-2010, 10:53 PM
:) guys thanks abunch it cost me around $9 bucks to get her running like a champ again.i replaced the fuel filter with a briggs brand because none of the lawn shops were open.this filter is shaped like a pancake where the kawasaki one is cylinder shape i hope this is ok to use the briggs filter.anyway after that i taped the bowl alittle and pulled the air intake off.then i started her and sprayed some carb cleaner intermitingly not to let the engine stall.after 4 minutes of doing this i took her for a spin and shes running great.the true test will be in a couple days when i mow but i engaged the blades and ran them for awhile and never bogged.will keep you guys updated.thanks