PDA

View Full Version : 48" kees WB help

Juan91
09-05-2010, 08:01 PM
i got this mower as a trade and it ran great. Now when i cut, with the gear on and safeties held, it does fine, but when mowing with blades on and driving, it runs for maybe 2 or 3 minutes then dies completely. I've done the Carb cleaning and did new fuel filter, lines, air filter, but to no avail. Im frustrated with it, i dont mind it since i have the bobcat and dane, but would like to figure it out as it cuts great!

it starts right back up after dying with it back in neutral and blades off etc....

help *trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*

Restrorob
09-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Juan,

Can you post some unit and engine numbers ? http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=144040

Juan91
09-06-2010, 11:45 PM
weird, it was all in there
KEES
model - 04002074
serial - 48141
ENGINE
model - cv14t
spec - 1404
serial - 2314714044

Restrorob
09-07-2010, 07:03 PM
OK Juan,

I'm thinking you may have a issue with the interlock system module.

For testing only; Disconnect the unit harness kill lead wire from the engine (most are white on Kohlers) and test run the unit to see if it shuts off, But you won't be able to shut it off until this white wire is re-connected.

If the unit continues to run with the wire disconnected test each of the safety switches with a multimeter set on ohms scale, Make sure all are opening and closing when activated.

If all safety switches pass the test then replace the interlock module, It could have a metal or plastic housing......

Juan91
09-09-2010, 12:34 PM
thanks resto,

heres an update, i talked to my dealer when ordering my gobbler for stander and he said to pop off air cleaner and spray starting fluid in carb when it dies and to my suprise, shes keeps running if i dont overspray it in there. So its now a fuel delivery issue. Now like i said, i replaced the fuel filter, all the fuel lines to the engine,, cleaned the shut off, cleaned out the carb.....

the only lines i didn't replace were the little 1/2 inch long one on right side of engine and the one on left side of engine to carb. (kohler engine i guess doesn't like to go straight from gas tank to carb??? :-/)

im pretty stumped on this one, i think i might pop off the lines and check for kinked nipples on the tank and filter to be sure...

any others have ideas?

Juan91
09-11-2010, 11:35 AM
i also did as you said and with kill wire off, it died after 10 mininutes on intital startup

Restrorob
09-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Check your gas cap and make sure the vent isn't plugged......

Juan91
09-15-2010, 11:57 AM
hello again,

-found the tank to have a sunflower seed in it partially blocking the hole at bottom, removed it and still nothing,

- vent is good on gas cap, (replaced foam)

thanks for the helpp....

Restrorob
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
it starts right back up after dying with it back in neutral and blades off etc....

So after removing the kill wire it went from 2-3 minutes to 10 minutes before shut-down ?

How long does it run once you start it back up ?

Juan91
09-16-2010, 11:29 AM
let me clarify, its tough without my home computer....

-inital startup, it will run for 10 mins, sometimes dies right away, but usally runs 10 mins
-after dying, will alwasy run 2-3 mintues before dying again
- i did fuel filter,lines, cleaned the carb, cleaned the tank,

thanks resto!

Restrorob
09-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Sorry for the delay Juan,

Since you found you can keep it running on starting fluid showing a fuel related issue, Remove the fuel line from the fuel pump. Add a piece of line after the fuel filter long enough to re-route the line around to the carb, Gravity feeding the carb will tell you if the fuel pump is faulty in which everything is pointing to at this time.

Juan91
09-19-2010, 02:17 PM
ahh, its a fuel pump on it.....why can't it be easy like my kawaskaki?

Restrorob
09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
why can't it be easy like my kawaskaki?

Juan,

It's wasn't that bad, Just took a little time to isolate the problem. The repair now is only a couple screws holding the pump on, Or.....You could just plug the lines on the pump and leave it gravity feed.

Juan91
09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
yes, i will leave it gravity feed, thanks, i mowed my own lawn with it today and it was wonderful, no problems.

should i be afraid of it flooding the carb with the gravity feed or no? i know it has a fuel cutoff, should i leave it on when transporting or sitting for long periods of time

Restrorob
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
should i leave it on when transporting or sitting for long periods of time

That's up to you, If the float needle valve does it's job it won't flood. But, It's always better to turn fuel valves off when equipment is being bounced around on a trailer.

Juan91
09-21-2010, 12:10 PM
That's up to you, If the float needle valve does it's job it won't flood. But, It's always better to turn fuel valves off when equipment is being bounced around on a trailer.

as i have always done, just thought there could of been a problem with going with gravity feed. thanks again!

now where do i send the diagnostic fee?

Restrorob
09-21-2010, 01:04 PM
I'll PM my Paypal info !!! :clapping: . :laugh: