PDA

View Full Version : happy Labor Day !

David Gretzmier
09-06-2010, 08:10 AM
hope folks who are off today will grill, watch football, and have fun and relax with family. Boats are put up, time to get back out those black shoes, sweaters, hoodies and earth tones.Football season has started !( my Alma Mater-beloved Arkansas Razorbacks won this weekend. go hogs ! )

I am working today because I will be heading out of town to pick up some 26 foot tall pallet racks on Wednesday morning for my warehouse, so I am "working" 2 days this week and driving 3.

1 week til we start hanging lights!

Wondering what you guys will be doing today, working or playing ?

hotrod1965
09-06-2010, 04:05 PM
hope folks who are off today will grill, watch football, and have fun and relax with family. Boats are put up, time to get back out those black shoes, sweaters, hoodies and earth tones.Football season has started !( my Alma Mater-beloved Arkansas Razorbacks won this weekend. go hogs ! )

I am working today because I will be heading out of town to pick up some 26 foot tall pallet racks on Wednesday morning for my warehouse, so I am "working" 2 days this week and driving 3.

1 week til we start hanging lights!

Wondering what you guys will be doing today, working or playing ?

Both... we did the lighting for two weddings and had to take them down this morning. Done by noon though...

David Gretzmier
09-06-2010, 11:44 PM
I did some crazy wedding lighting this year. wish I had taken pictures. beautiful.

turf hokie
09-07-2010, 05:52 PM
Glad you guys can sell the wedding lighting. I get 1 or 2 calls are year and have yet to actually close one.....

I throw out the standard price sheet and just base it on labor and a couple bucks for material and they still get shell shocked.

David Gretzmier
09-08-2010, 06:24 AM
I did 2 weddings in one this year, so they split the cost for lighting at the same location over a 2 weeks. it was just over a grand to me and they covered the cost of a scissor lift to put up and take down inside for a day each. and on my end, that was a very special price for what we did, I would normally be double that. we rented the lights and extension cords to them, used probably 6000 white cord mini's, and it was a fun project with a few challenges on lights suspended on a 26 foot ceiling. I would do it again in a heartbeat for a normal price. kinda fun and rewarding feeling to make someone's day special.

hotrod1965
09-08-2010, 09:06 PM
yeah, we typically light up some railings, and tents, maybe some trees.. We just rent them everything bill out by the hour. Its fun and the weather is nice!