PDA

View Full Version : finding tdc br600

bare spot
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
had this machine apart before to check the valves but wasn't sure if i had it at tdc. with the plug out, using a wooden dowel, i rotated till i felt the piston reach it's highest point with the dowel but for some reason this don't seam right or to accurate. could someone guide me along here or tell me if i'm doing this right? learning as i go here and want to do or try and get this right. btw-have the feeler gauge, and if i did this right would not fit the gap. and being only talking thousands here, is there a tolerance(+/-), if not, would think u would only have to back off the nut(s) for each valve, very slightly to get within tolerance. thanks

BigFish
09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Read this thoroughly : http://golftechs.us/Reference/4.pdf

Member named Stillwater posted some time ago.

SAVE IT !!!

bare spot
09-07-2010, 08:30 PM
that's a good link, remember reading that a while back. will have to get one of those gauge's, and learn how to use it (etc.), never used one. had picked up this book a while ago and it's been a big help on helping me understand how things are put togetether and work. after reading the link though still uncertain how to find tdc, maybe i'm missing something, guess i'll check the book, thanks link big fish

bare spot
09-07-2010, 11:45 PM
got it, (was missing something).