PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa T260

laman
09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
I have a Shindaiwa T260 less than 2 years old. I used it about two weeks ago the only problem I had it didn't want to idle. Today I went to use it wouldn't idle and didn't rev up to max RPM. It also didn't have any power. I pulled filter out to find it had gas on it. I started it without filter and no improvement. Where do you think this problem is?

dutch1
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Check the muffler screen to make sure it isn't carboned up, which will inhibit proper exhaust. Then check all fuel related lines and intank fuel filter. There are several things to consider before determining that it is a carb problem, which it shouldn't be if the unit has been properly cared for.

laman
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Weedeater might get run 3 hrs a month at most. Has had clean gas. Have only mixed a half gallon at a time to keep gas fresh. Ran only 93 octane and 50 to 1 echo oil

laman
09-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Had time to work on it today. Spark arrestor stopped up big time. The place I bought it at didn't have one so put it together without it. Runs great so far.

dutch1
09-08-2010, 12:02 AM
Unless you're in a fire hazard area(dry leaves, pine needles, etc) leave it out.

You don't need to get a new one. Hold the arrestor with a pair of pliers then use a propane torch to heat it up to a bright orange and the carbon will fall off, although it doesn't hurt to brush it off with a wire brush.

laman
09-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks dutch1 for the reply. How long does a spark arrestor usually last before plugging up?

dutch1
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Depends on how you run them. A trimmer that is run at wide open throttle will be less likely to plug up due the more complete combustion process. One that is run at lower speeds or allowed to idle frequently will plug up much faster because the combustion is much less complete.