PDA

View Full Version : 3 flats in one day

slawn
09-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I had three flats today. First one knocked front tire off rim, no big deal air it up and go on. Second one on rear, plugged it and off again. Third one was a pain in the butt, other rear tire. I had a tube pull in it a couple of months ago, normally I would take one with a tube to the tire shop, but Labor Day its closed. My helper and I broke it down with two crow bars:cry: under a shade tree in the town park where we were mowing. Bad part I had a plug kit I brought a while back and it had some patches in it with, made in Twain glue:dizzy:. So far its holding.

weve
09-06-2010, 10:45 PM
I only had one flat today, a front tire on the zero turn, but it had five or six holes in it. The last one was on the side and the sealant was not plugging the hole. My nephew opened the tire shop where he works just for me. They had one tire my size and he had me going by 8am. Sometimes it helps to have relatives!

JB1
09-06-2010, 10:46 PM
The holiday gods were frowning on you for working today.

DitchDr
09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Sucks to be you man. I have been there before. When I was working solo and working late I blew out a tire on the ZTR. Had to finish half the lawn with a push mower cause the dealer was closed.

What really sucks is as I was pulling out of the dealer from getting my tires on the ZTR fixed I hit a pot hole with the trailer blew out the tire and bent the rim. Made it even worse is my trailer is 5 lug, the dealer only had 4 lug rims in stock. so I bought a 4 lug rim took my tire off the trailer pulled the tire from the rim, took a 8lb sledge got the bend out of it. Then took the tire off the new rim and put it on the old rim on the side of the road.. Was not a fun day

clydebusa
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Green slim for tube and tubeless is the answer, don't leave home without it.:weightlifter:

jwsland
09-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Funny this gets brought up. I had a flat on one of the rear mower tires this morning. Then I got a flat on the dump trailer. Well I finally bought a spare this afternoon! :laugh:

wilbilt
09-07-2010, 09:04 PM
When you have good spares, you will never need them.

It is uncanny, but that has been my experience. Unload the spares and leave them at the shop because you need the room, and that will be the day you run over a case of roofing tacks. Seriously.

1993lx172
09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Green slim for tube and tubeless is the answer, don't leave home without it.:weightlifter:

X2 Slime rocks.

Turf Management Deluxe
09-08-2010, 12:54 AM
Every time I have used slime in a trailer tire, once the tire heats back up it always seems to blow out. Just my experience with it. Its happened about 3 times to me, so now whenever I have a leak I just replace the damn things.

bradseabridge
09-08-2010, 01:01 AM
slime isn't made for anything going over 45mph, that's why it blows out, you would know this if you read the HUGE labels on the back.

Turf Management Deluxe
09-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Hmm suppose I would....Oh well, I buy new tires now so that problem is solved.

clydebusa
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

I meant for the riders and walkbinds.

Turf Management Deluxe
09-08-2010, 08:57 PM
I got ya now