PDA

View Full Version : Cutting for another LCO..

Lawn-Scapes
08-08-2002, 06:55 PM
Suppose another LCO asked you to cut a couple of lawns for him for a fee. One time.

Do you cut it to your high standards.. or do the job as it looks like it has been done by the other LCO?

For example: You notice the beds are not edged.. Would you edge them? Or you notice some weedwacking has been left undone.. Do you trim it?

It will only take you a few extra minutes...

:cool:

Alan Bechard
08-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Who's truck and signs are parked in front of the lawn while you are cutting?

People will see you work and look at the quality of work that you do. Leave it as you would like to stand in it and have your picture taken and you will not go wrong.

Al B

Bob Minney
08-08-2002, 07:02 PM
For the few minutes it would take to make yourself look good, dont see how you could go wrong.

rodfather
08-08-2002, 07:03 PM
I would do it exactly as if it were my own account...nothing more...nothing less.

Runner
08-08-2002, 07:05 PM
I don't think I'd go as far as edging the beds, unless I was asked to do so, but I'd definitely make sure it looked good. We do this all the time, in helping each other out, whether it be by a location status, or if one of us gets busy with a project, or, heaven forbid, if one of us ends up with equipment or truck trouble. We've occasionally loaned our trucks if necessary, too.:)

Firefighter Dave
08-08-2002, 07:49 PM
My two cents.....

Do your best.... for a couple of reasons.

- He's in a pinch to gamble with another LCO to mow his/her lawns. You might be in the same situation one day, and would want him to do his best for YOUR customers.

- Your the "new kid" on the block.... us that to your advantage. People, potential new customers will a new truck, trailer, people in thier neighborhood. They have seen the old guy, it's a normal everyday apperance. Kinda like the car alarms, no one pays attention to those anymore, unless it's a new sound. So be professional! You making a first impression!

- If one of thier customers ask you for a quote to do thiers, just simply say no, and explain that your at a full load, and lust helping out a fellow friend, co-worker while he has an emergency, and this will go vise versa when and if you need him to help you out on day.

If you do a better job than he does, it will be noticed. When they ask who cut your lawn they will say ________ that was filling in for my regular guy! And hopefully, Bang! a new customer.

Dave

:blob2: :blob2: :blob2:

awm
08-08-2002, 08:00 PM
old aw again. id just do it the way hes been doing it. if u get it on a regular ,then slowly switch it to your standards.
way to much work to try and change his stuff ,if its not up to par,in one or two trips.plus u showing your competition
your tricks etc.jmho
now if he ask u to show him how to get it right ,that oughta cost him.

TurfGuyTX
08-08-2002, 08:56 PM
I'd keep my same quality standards. I have a buddy who would call me when he couldn't handle his workload. We'd bail him out only to have his customers calling us wanting to switch lco's. We'd explain that we were only helping, but would be happy to talk to them if my buddy got to a point of wanting us to do it.

longviewlawncare
08-08-2002, 10:06 PM
my cousin uses me to do contracting mowing for him. He is picking up new accounts right now and can not handle everything at one time so i mow for him. My truck and my equipment and also my standerds. We both do really good work so it is all good. If someone ask's me to take them on as an account i just tell them why i can't

SLS
08-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Do it to your standards. That way you'll feel good about the job and everyone else is happy too. :)