PDA

View Full Version : Bug identification?

GravyTrain
09-07-2010, 11:31 PM
So, it isn't really the bugs, but the remains. I should have taken a picture before I moved the wood pile, but didn't think about it. Basically, I had a stack of firewood up close to my house. Hadn't used it since last winter and just happened to see that it looked like there was sawdust all over the wood. After closer inspection, I'm pretty sure something is eating it. Don't think it's termites, but I'm not a pro.

This is what was left after I moved all the wood. It looks like a mix of sawdust, dirt, sand, and just maybe bug poop.

Anyone have any ideas what this might be? What I need to do to get rid of them, although I've moved the wood far away from the house...don't really want them on my property.

TREEGUARD
09-08-2010, 02:16 PM
hard to say from that picture maybe termites or carpenter ants. in the future don't stack fire wood against your house or garage.

fresh stripes
09-08-2010, 03:30 PM
if you didnt see any ants or termites then i probably not them its most likely a metallic wood borer or flathead wood borer larvae if you go out at night listen u will hear them chewing the wood its loud peel the bark off a peace of wood and see if theres a maggit looking thing with big pincers and a big head hope this helps!

blakerugg
09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
if you didnt see any ants or termites then i probably not them its most likely a metallic wood borer or flathead wood borer larvae if you go out at night listen u will hear them chewing the wood its loud peel the bark off a peace of wood and see if theres a maggit looking thing with big pincers and a big head hope this helps!

i ran out of breath just reading that

eatonpcat
09-09-2010, 01:36 PM
i ran out of breath just reading that

Now that is what i call a tough read!!

MarkTodd2233
11-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Looks like Dry Wood Termite Pelletts (Frass) to me

Mark Sullivan
Mark's Exterminating
Zachary La
16 Years
www.Marksexterminating.com

80sturgisrider
11-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Bed bugs. Yep....definitely bed bugs.

MarkTodd2233
11-25-2010, 09:48 PM
if you google Drywood Termite Frass pics you will get the answer

Gatewayuser
11-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Bed bugs. Yep....definitely bed bugs.

lol nice! :laugh:

Cloud9Landscapes
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Probably wood borers of some sort. Nothing DDT can't handle.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Apply some talstar around your foundation... around the wood pile. That look like termite.
Posted via Mobile Device