PDA

View Full Version : New Trailer Ideas Please

Dimple
09-08-2010, 12:38 AM
I have been building the biz for 5 years now and its slow when every scratch penny has to be made first to build. I moved from a 4x6 utility and push mowers from the first year to a 7x10 custom flatbed and some really decent equipment. Only thing is still not enough room for all the debris/clippings. I want to upgrade now but can't justify a debris systems or dump yet, I don't use a pickup either. I want ideas please. I would to upgrade to another flatbed possibly an Aluma but I need ideas on building a debsis area on whatever it is I purchase. Please the more ideas the better. Greatly appreciated!

Puddle of Oil
09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
something like this..... http://www.ddfarmranchtrailers.com/products/detail/2009_trail_master_16_landscape_trailer/????

if you dont use a pickup what do you use? an SUV?:confused:

mowerbrad
09-08-2010, 10:44 PM
I am having a trailer custom built right now (just about done) so I added all the options that I wanted. I use a pick-up to tow with, but I don't use the bed for my debris/clippings. So all of my clippings end up being put on my trailer. I currently have a 6x14 trailer and just used plywood sides to hold all the clippings in. But that gets tight when I have the equipment on there, so I'm upgrading to my new 7x18 trailer.

My new trailer has a side ramp gate (54" wide) both to load equipment in the front and to help empty the trailer at the end of the day. I also included 4' mesh sides about halfway down the trailer. I also added flood lights to the front of the trailer for unloading the debris during low light conditions.

Puddle of Oil
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Let's see some pics when your done brad!
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
09-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Let's see some pics when your done brad!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, I will be sure to put up some pics when I get it. It went in for paint early this week, so I'm hoping I will get it at the end of next week. I designed the whole trailer myself as to make the trailer work for me perfectly. The guys building it have a very good reputation for building excellent products, so I'm pretty sure I'll be very happy.

Dimple
09-09-2010, 12:51 AM
something like this..... http://www.ddfarmranchtrailers.com/products/detail/2009_trail_master_16_landscape_trailer/????

Yeah a Ford Expedition 5.4 Liter V-8 oversized radiator w/tow. I like it, plenty of room for extras in back, little debris room but that is why I am looking for innovation here. Not quite heavy enough truck to pull a debris system or anything.

Dimple
09-09-2010, 12:59 AM

That is the sweetest looking trailer to fit my needs and towing capacity I have seen yet. They deliver too. I will update you when I decide, thanks a million!

Puddle of Oil
09-09-2010, 01:56 AM
No problem dimple! I'm sure you could find the same trailer local and cheaper. that was the only page that came up on Google images! Good luck with your purchase!
Posted via Mobile Device