PDA

View Full Version : TLC- little job done today

thompsonslawncare
09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Heres a little job we did today. What do you guys think??

KrayzKajun
09-07-2010, 11:55 PM
looks way better

bobcat48
09-08-2010, 08:11 AM
Looks good.

eatonpcat
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
You know what they say... If you can't say something nice, Don't say anything at all!!

punt66
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
You know what they say... If you can't say something nice, Don't say anything at all!!

yup, a few steps were skipped here.

Impressions Landscaping
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I thirdly agree.

sbvfd592
09-08-2010, 01:30 PM
I will try and make this as nice as I can. You missed a few steps.. If you do not have one alreddy i would invest in a edging spade and create a border between the grass and the mulch it will look much cleaner. it aprers you layed the mulch right over the top of the weeds. thats a big no no you need to remove whatever is under the and create a clean much bed of it will look the same as it did a month from now. Also after you lay the mulch use a spring tine rake upside down too smooth out the mulch. It will look cleaner.

thompsonslawncare
09-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I will try and make this as nice as I can. You missed a few steps.. If you do not have one alreddy i would invest in a edging spade and create a border between the grass and the mulch it will look much cleaner. it aprers you layed the mulch right over the top of the weeds. thats a big no no you need to remove whatever is under the and create a clean much bed of it will look the same as it did a month from now. Also after you lay the mulch use a spring tine rake upside down too smooth out the mulch. It will look cleaner.

I gave the guy a price and he was unhappy with it and asked if there was anything i could do to cut the cost a little. I told him the only thing i could do was not edge he said "thats fine i dont need it edged" I was doing what i was asked. I have never had someone tell me they did not want the beds egded but i guess thier is a first for everything.

punt66
09-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I gave the guy a price and he was unhappy with it and asked if there was anything i could do to cut the cost a little. I told him the only thing i could do was not edge he said "thats fine i dont need it edged" I was doing what i was asked. I have never had someone tell me they did not want the beds egded but i guess thier is a first for everything.

well even if that was the case then why put it on lawnsite and ask what do you think? besides the edge, look at the foundation and how uneven it is raked out. In the future, pay more attention to the details. I could have edged that very quickly with a trimmer at least.

SuperPROlawnScalper
09-08-2010, 04:41 PM
it just needs a lil TLC Thumbs Up

Chevy z71
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
nicely done..::clapping:

eatonpcat
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
nicely done..::clapping:

Apparently Lawnsites Blind contingent has weighed in with their opinion!!:laugh:

Glenn Lawn Care
09-09-2010, 05:13 PM
That looks way better!

Gran Sport
09-09-2010, 05:43 PM

It's funny, when guys get judged for doing a poor job, they always blame the customer's budget. If this was true, you would have said it in the first post knowing someone would see the lack of edging. Fess up. You think this looked good, that's why you posted it.

thompsonslawncare
09-09-2010, 09:42 PM
It's funny, when guys get judged for doing a poor job, they always blame the customer's budget. If this was true, you would have said it in the first post knowing someone would see the lack of edging. Fess up. You think this looked good, that's why you posted it.

Its not that i thought it looked good.. i just thought it looked a lot better. He was happy thats all that really matters.

jwsland
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
I run into this alot, customer wants work, wants it a little cheaper, you cut a couple corners to make it work because you dont wants them calling someone else because maybe you cut the grass there or its a refferal from someone you like. I dont like doing it and there is definitley a point where I draw the line.

Today for example, I cut an 11 acre property , beautiful place! first time in 5years the owner asked me to do landscape related work. He usually does it himself but now doesnt have time. He likes a real natuaral look and doesnt mind some weeds or things being over grown, and doesnt want bushes being maicured like I usally do, not really my style. He didnt really like my price either so I worked with him and got the place freshened up a bit.

As you can see from the pictures, No edgeing, some bushes still look "wild" and overgrown but thats what he likes.

turtle
09-10-2010, 06:48 PM
It looks better. We all have to remember there is no carved in stone standards to landscaping. I've worked with guys who edge 3'' deep, another 1" deep,and another not at all. I've seen mulch spread smooth, rough, even with the top of the edge, mounded over and edge exposed. Everybody feels their way is the right way and everyone else is wrong. At the end of the day the customer is the boss and the boss gets what they want.

davis45
09-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Looks very rough, bud.

LoweJ82
09-10-2010, 11:44 PM
It looks a helluva lot better than it did before,

dont take things said here to heart, weed out the b/s but listen to the points being made and it will make a difference.

Heres a pic of a recent job I did few weeks bk

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae161/LoweLandscaping/117ramblewood010.jpg
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae161/LoweLandscaping/117ramblewood003.jpg

These was not not edged all though I did use a sod cutter and cut the entire bed areas down about 3" through out the entire landscape,

ochosdaddy
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
How many times has mulch been thrown over a problem to hide it (temporarily)?

I dunno if it's been mentioned, but atop the other comments made, the mulch looks to have been spread thin. It's recommended mulch should be a minimum of 3-4" thick to be effective at preventing new weed growth through the mulch.