PDA

View Full Version : Loadhandler

MaloneyLandscaping
09-08-2010, 02:42 PM
Hi. I have read many older threads about the loadhandler but I wanted to get some more recent feedback. I am a small 1 man operation that does landscaping. Keep about 20 regular mowing every 2-3 weeks plus other work, mulch cleanups etc. I do not have enough money this year for a dump insert but HATE shoveling out a fully loaded truck! I have the side built up 2 1/2 feet. The Loadhandler would be primarily for grass and leaves. Any thoughts or ideas would help. Thanks!!

VO Landscape Design
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM
If you got muscles I have heard pf guys putting down a tarp in the bed and up the sides, attach rope to the grommets and pull. Depends on how strong you are and how heavy the load is. I have used this method on some lighter loads and works good.
VO

rcpeoples
09-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I use loadhandler and love it. Have had pickup bed loaded about half way up my 2 ft side boards with mix of grass and leaves and it came out no problem. Only thing I ever had problem with were large branches turned sideways holding back load. Other than that thing is big time saver.
Posted via Mobile Device

MaloneyLandscaping
09-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys. I bought the loadhandler from Northern Tool. Waiting for it to arrive. Ill give an update and pictures when i hook it on

rcpeoples
09-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I had to buy mat when I got mine cause I have Rhino Lining in bed. You will just get some left over material in the corners but just sweep it out no big deal
Posted via Mobile Device

yardatwork
09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
I have one and loved it. I haven't used it in a couple years. I used it for unloading grass. Now most of my clients have told me to dump on their property (in the woods or on compost piles). Anyway...only down fall to the loadhandler...the mounting brackets will rub your tailgate so much that it'll remove paint, lettering, decals, etc.

MaloneyLandscaping
09-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I checked the UPS website and it is being delivered today. I will try and have pictures up tonight or tomorrow and followup and let you know how it works....

On a side note I am looking to buy a leaf loader used in the massachusetts area if anyone can help!!!

shop's lawn
03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
How did you end up liking the load handler?