PDA

View Full Version : OK - Just Bought 36" eXmark Hydro WB - Will have pics with Flex-Deck in one week

Flex-Deck
08-08-2002, 10:17 PM
OK guys - I just bought a brand new eXmark 36" hydro Viking WB - will have a Flex-Deck Trimming attachment on it in the next week, and since we have an irrigated yard in town I am going to volenteer to mow it for nothing to show what this thing will do

Paid $4009 for the mower

Flex-Deck = $1299

Total $5308 for a 15 HP - 54" deck WB that flexes with the terrain and trims everywhere - HYDRO BESIDES.

In transport position it adds 2" to the deck width - I just emailed my web page people and they should have it on the page that we fit eXmark WB's - There are also threads on my Flex-Deck sponsor forum that have pictures and more. Thanks, Brad

Also, just moved to an area just outside of town and have some prairie grass about a foot tall. Will mow and pic that too.

Come on Great Dane - I will challenge you to any type of yard and the more stuff, the better. I can contour mow and trim far more places

Thanks, Brad

LAWNGODFATHER
08-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Wow I cannot wait to see it!!:D

Get it on there as soon as you can we want to see it.

65hoss
08-08-2002, 11:18 PM
Now your talking Brad. I think this is the mower that will make the fd work its best.

Flex-Deck
08-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys - I am with you. I think the 36" Hydro is perfect, and I want to get it mowing 1 foot tall grass and finish mowing and thru a gate or two. the 15 HP should be great and the new ECS handle position is great. Mike - you of all people know I am still getting used to it-when you are a tractor driver like me, it will take a bit of time to learn how to not run over stuff with a hydro WB.

Thanks, Brad

Rhett
08-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Can't wait. Love the 36 for getting thru gates, but hate mowing lage yards. Would love it if it saves me time and from buying me another mower.

Rhett:)

Flex-Deck
08-09-2002, 09:32 PM
I will make sure I get a picture going thru a gate - that is what it is all about on the 36 WB anyway - Right? This thing has a 15 HP Kawasaki, and since we just moved into a house out in the country I will also take some pics mowing 1 foot tall stuff - there is plenty around - will also try to show a mowing pattern

Thanks, Brad

SLS
08-09-2002, 09:47 PM
I posted on this thread last night but now it is gone????

Anyway, I bought a new Exmark 36" Turf Tracer w/ ECS with the intention of targeting smaller, gated lawns next spring. I do mostly 1 acre (and up) lots with a 60" Lazer but I seem to make better money (for time spent) on the few 5k and under lawns that I have. Unfortunately I had been turning down the gated ones (except for the tiniest ones) which I was doing with the 22". Still, I'm making better money with the smaller ones (per hour). :)

Now that I've got the new Turf Tracer I'm set to start going for them in earnest. So lets see that Flex-Deck in action, Brad! :D

BTW: That 15 hp Kawasaki/ECS/hydro/36" deck combo is SWEET, isn't it??? I LOVE that machine!!!

Flex-Deck
08-09-2002, 10:02 PM
SLS - Wow - I will try to show you everything you need, and if I leave something out email me.

Thanks, Brad - PS This thing is going to work - I think the 36" (LGF would agree - 65 Hoss will agree - we have one on LGF's 52" eXmark, but it is under powered when the grass is tall - This 15 HP will now be a 54" deck and that is plenty of power)

:p

Flex-Deck
08-11-2002, 09:24 PM
OK - Have the deck welded on, and am finishing up pulley mounts etc. Took some time as I wanted to make notes and get pics for future users when they mount the thing. Without even taking it out, It looks gooood. I may bore you with pics later, but they will be coming.

Thanks, Brad

LAWNGODFATHER
08-11-2002, 10:57 PM
So how long untill it comes to St. Louis?

Flex-Deck
08-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Lets see LGF - It is about 200 miles to St. Louis.

1. If I build a Velky - I could be in St. Louis in about 40 hrs.

2. If I have to walk behind it, it will be more like 70 hrs. :D

Thanks Brad

Flex-Deck
08-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Wow-Just mowed for about an hr everything from finish mowing to foot tall stuff in a steep ditch - Mows great. You cannot distinguish where the flex-deck mows and the main deck mows. I Need to have a day or two to get some pics in the right areas to show everything. I have now put my money where my mouth is, and there has been a lot of excitement about a flex-deck on a 36" to get thru gates, contour mow rough ground, and trim. I would sincerely hope that any skepticism that remains would be replaced by a sincere desire to save some time and money.

I angle mowed, Mowed round and round, and everyway I could think of in the last hr. and I would dare anyone to be able to tell where the flex-deck mowed and the 36" deck mowed.

I know it is really hard to look at something on a tractor, and wonder how it will react on a different type machine. I would sincerely hope that the members of this site would continue to pay attention to this thread.

I hope to have pics in the next three days. Have to mount a flex-deck on the City of Burlingtons park department tomorrow. That means I now have two flex-decks at the hospital (60 acres), one at the community college (45 acres) and now will have one on the city.

Thanks, Brad

SLS
08-13-2002, 09:28 PM
Brad,

You ROCK! :D

You can count on me to keep checking back on this thread.

Hurry up wit dem pics, willya???? ;)

roscioli
08-17-2002, 11:03 AM
Pics yet?

Flex-Deck
08-17-2002, 09:03 PM
It will be at least a week for pics - I have taken some, but our computer got struck by lightning and they are sending us a new one which won't be here until next tues. or wed. then I have to load the software, and get it up an going on this site.

Thanks, Brad.

gravedigger5
08-17-2002, 11:13 PM
our computer got struck by lightning Brad, sounds like a bad omen to me. Hope to see those pics soon. Marc

Are We Having Fun Yet???:waving:

Flex-Deck
08-19-2002, 11:04 PM
Will have the eXmark with the flex-deck attachment (36"Viking hydro + flex-deck = 54 inch trimming mower) along with JD 455 54" + flex = 72" mower) at the KC BBQ - hope a lot of you can be there - and also hope everyone will take a very careful look at a concept that could save you many dollars.

I am missing my computer that does the pics big time - this is just my old one that does the internet - no chat rooms, no pics etc. I just bought another one so that when the warranty computer comes I will have two.

I think I will unplug for every storm from now on.

Thanks, Brad