PDA

View Full Version : Share your unique marketing ideas

stevenf
09-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Share any marketing strategy that you have used with intensions to really stand out or to target customers that werent your average doorhanger methods.
I will start. I came across someone with a metal business card. They are a bit expensive, but everyone in my group knew who the company was and the guy that showed me had kept it in his wallet for over a year. He always showed it to others because of how cool he thought it was. I think it would be worth it to pass them out to higher end clients like contractors, landscape architects, Apartment managers and so on....

Lets hear yours!

RussellB
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I advertise in HOA news letters. All they need to do is put a copy of your business card in the letter and the calls will roll in.

stevenf
09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Came across another idea earlier. Gotprint.com sells bookmarks. 2500 cost about $30.00. It would be a good idea to print a scripture on them and donate small amounts to local churches.

Chris Heiler
09-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey guys,

How about publishing your own coffee table book? I know a couple of companies who have done this. Give them to clients as a gift--they'll show to everybody. You can use a service like Blurb.com to publish.

Chris Heiler

davis45
09-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I advertise in HOA news letters. All they need to do is put a copy of your business card in the letter and the calls will roll in.

How do you find out what HOAs have new letters? and who to contact?

Az Gardener
09-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm considering offering a Rainbird smart controller for any new clients. I'm In a different market so while it seems like a lot I would gladly pay 300 bucks for a new client so it seems like a win win for both myself and the clients.

Most will need additional chips to get them up to the number of stations needed and I can bill for that and cover my install costs. I'm thinking they get the controller after 6 months of service and on time payments.