PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the AOLP Conference, 2011?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
09-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Just thought I would discover who of you is planning on attending the 2011 AOLP Conference in Scottsdale AZ this coming winter? I am looking forward to meeting up with a number of other "lighting geeks" - oops sorry Tommy! Let me change that to Lighting Pros - and getting re-charged for another busy installation season that lies ahead.

Not familiar with the AOLP? You can check them out online at www.aolponline.com

Have a great day.

RLI Electric
09-10-2010, 03:07 AM
I'm planning on being there and looking forward to it big time. Never been to Arizona.

Tim R.
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Hoping to go, but we will see.

Pro-Scapes
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
James,

Just curious as I know many of us had some concearns with aolp in the past and you even wrote open letters on forums about the association voicing your issues. What changed your perspective ?

The Lighting Geek
09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I will be attending, hopefully taking the CLVLT test, and acting like I normally do. Which can be entertaining at times...because I am a spaz..lol

Terradek
09-10-2010, 06:30 PM
James, Tommy, Bob, that you will be in attendance. I hope that we will see you as well Tim and Billy. In fact any person on this forum who is interested in the conference may find out more by visiting www.aolponline.org. This is going to be a really great event for anyone who wants to step up their game. It is one the few opportunities to spend quality time with many of the Leading Manufacturers, Distributors, Designers, and Contractors in our industry. If you do anything to invest in your business this year this would be a great choice. This conference never fails to provide new insights and friendships. This will be my 10th conference and I still get excited about what I will learn and I always come away with new perspectives and renewed energy. The people that you will interact with are some of the most generous people you will meet in their willingness to share what they know.

In fact if I remember correctly Tommy will be sharing his perspective on marketing by participating on a panel at one of the sessions.

Some of the individuals that I have heard will be there but not likely to respond on this forum are Jan Moyer, Hiroshi Kira, Lew Waltz, Jack Miller, & Cruz Perez. We are expecting a good crowd so register early.

Pro-Scapes
09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
I will be attending, hopefully taking the CLVLT test, and acting like I normally do. Which can be entertaining at times...because I am a spaz..lol

I can vouch for this. Just make sure he doesnt come pounding on your hotel room door at 7am like he did to me at lightfair 08 :)

RLI Electric
09-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Those of you that are going, how many are bringing their families with you?

Viewpoint
09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
I'll be there, taking COLD year 2! I don't think I'll be bringing any family.

Tomwilllight
09-13-2010, 01:06 PM
From what I hear, the presentations will challenge the outstanding quality of the San Antonio conference. Scottsdale will be the place to be if you do landscape lighting.

I look forward to seeing all of you there and helping Welty to extoll the virtues of living in Portland, OR.

Tom

msouthard
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
You kidding me, lets see Cleveland, OH or Scottsdale, tough choice. I will be there along with several other Kichler folks, Jack Miller, Ron Carter and possibly others. Will be in year 4 of COLD, looking forward to finishing that. Kichler will be exhibiting at Expo with a lots of new things to show everyone. Seems to be a lot more activity on the promotion front this year with our management company, that is good, should yield good results. We could sure use a good turnout at this years conference.

NightScenes
09-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I'll be there and am really looking forward to it. I'm also looking forward to meeting a lot of new members this year. Scottsdale or bust!!

RLDesign
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
James,

Just curious as I know many of us had some concearns with aolp in the past and you even wrote open letters on forums about the association voicing your issues. What changed your perspective ?

What changed my perspective was that I took a chance and decided to invest in my future. In the bummed economy, I decided to swing the trip and it was great. I felt that if I was going to pass judgement I should find out for myself. My past findings were pretty accurate for what some of us experienced in the past.... BUT this is the future and the AOLP is a great place for lighting designers looking to become better at their trade. The association is becoming bigger and stronger, and everyone's help and membership is what makes it a better place. In addition to gaining a variety of manufacturers, they continue to associate themselves with some great talent and wonderful speakers. The roundtable forum last year was very helpful and changed my game. I will be attending 2011. I am glad that the group and manufacturers have realized that there is a need for an organization to represent outdoor lighting. It is different and affects clients way of life in a major way, and to be quite frank - some designers are better than others. I learned quite a bit at last years conference from many of those great designers. I am eager to see some new faces and say hello to some old, and learn about our evolving industry. Products, techniques, effects, controls, restrictions, codes, sales, and membership growth - these are things I will learn about at 2011.

I hope to see everyone at AOLP national conference!!

Tanek Hood
Reynolds Lighting