PDA

View Full Version : Need Start-Up Advise

sparker79
08-09-2002, 04:52 PM
:dizzy: Looking for some help in the start up are. Already dedicated to 30 accounts. Please, what equipmnt is good and how do you charge for what? May seem like a stupid question but need answers. also on 30 accounts what size crew/how many would be appropriate. Expecting more clients soon. Please help.

Jimbo
08-09-2002, 05:27 PM
Can you give us more background?

How did you aquire 30 accounts without knowing basic information? Give us the answer to that and we will help you out.

sparker79
08-09-2002, 05:36 PM
Have been doing residential for 6 years, now moving to commercial. big jump for me. residential i could do with a 2 man crew for about 18 per day. now looking at commercial lots and am very confused. for the residential i ran a 48" ferris. need to know how to charge for commercial property and average crew size. please help.

Jimbo
08-10-2002, 12:06 AM
Well at the moment I am solo part-time, so there are others who (if willing) could provide better info.

I assume that the 30 accounts you have are from the residentials. If so you could probably have 2 guys cutting these during the week. I guy should be able to handle anywhere from 4-7 accounts per day (depending on lot size).
The commercials you will need larger WB's and some ZTR's to get done in a reasonable manner.

Without seeing your accounts I dont think anyone can tell you how many guys you will need.

As for pricing it depends on your market, and how competitive it is. You need to figure out what it takes to make a profit after eveything is paid for and charge according to that. Most commercial accounts require higher insurance coverage, so they normally tolerate higher prices.

After you know what you need to make per hour to pay for your help, and all other expenses then figure out how many hours it will take you to do the work each week, and multiply it by the hourly figure. Take this figure and multiply it by 4 (4 weeks per month) and that is your monthly bid price.

Jim